SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceWest Park Hospital
JOB TITLE: Chief Medical Officer
The Chief Medical Officer is responsible for senior executive leadership, oversight, strategic development and operations for areas of responsibility to include but not limited to: clinical quality & safety, performance improvement, medical staff services and peer review. The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) works closely with Hospital Administration, the Chief of Staff, the Medical Staff Executive Committee and other physician leaders to maintain a high quality of care and to promote medical staff participation in furthering the mission and vision of CRH. The CMO will assist in the facilitation and engagement of medical staff interactions with Hospital Administration and the Governing Board of Trustees and will foster and contribute to a close and mutually beneficial relationship between the medical staff and hospital administration. In conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team, the CMO ensures compliance with all quality, legal and regulatory requirements. The Chief Medical Officer will be a leader in supporting physician engagement in the design, development, and management of care processes along the continuum of care in order to coordinate all of the patients’ healthcare needs for better outcomes in quality and cost of care, all with alignment around the patient experience.
Minimum five years of experience in a clinical practice setting. Participation in a hospital leadership role in medical staff organization activities and through successful management experience within a health care delivery system. Three to five years minimum of CMO experience. Prior EMR implementation experience desired. Experience with designing effective clinical practice protocols to enhance quality outcomes using current and up-to-date hospital clinical quality, benchmarking and evidence-based practices. Proven experience in medical staff affairs and physician engagement leadership.
Employee will work with patients/employees of all cultural and religious backgrounds.
ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE
Employee performs within the prescribed limits of Cody Regional Health’s Ethics and Compliance Program. Is responsible to detect, observe and report compliance variances to their immediate supervisor, or upward through the chain of command, the Compliance Officer or hospital hotline.
All employees must adhere to the Mission, Vision and Key Values of Cody Regional Health.
- Develops, implements and evaluates clinical practice protocols in collaboration with clinical staff, facilitating the transition of evidenced based practices. Drives the development of a culture of patient safety and quality improvement.
- Ongoing implementation of the Quality Improvement Plan to assure safe and effective patient care. Oversees the Medical Staff Peer Review function to provide for ongoing professional practice evaluations (OPPE) and focused professional practice evaluations (FPPE).
- Serves as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and assists in strategic development of initiatives and programs. Participates in the annual operating and capital budget process providing input regarding budgets of medical affairs, clinical quality, and program and facility development.
- Integrates, monitors and evaluates quality improvement, disease management, and utilization review activities and develops standards to improve quality outcomes both clinically and administratively to ensure the highest standards in treatment and care of patients and to ensure compliance with all relevant licensing and accrediting entities. Provides leadership and vision in the development of clinical guidelines and care pathways.
- Is responsible for physician engagement and alignment strategies including promoting programs which enhance physician satisfaction.
- Participates in the development of clinical information systems and electronic medical records to allow proper utilization of clinical data and feedback to physicians regarding practice patterns and performance.
- Defines the roles of medical staff leaders including department medical directors and committee Chairperson. Ensures medical staff development plans and programs are implemented and maintained. Supports Medical Staff Officers, Chiefs, and Committee Chairs to provide leadership for the Medial Staff. Supports team and individual growth among leaders. Meets with Medical Directors and committee Chairperson on a quarterly basis.
- Supports the Medical Staff in its self-governance and accountability to the Hospital Board for quality and safety of patient care. Assures and addresses medical staff compliance with bylaws, rules and regulations, as well as policies, procedures, code of conduct and behavior standards.
- Assists in reviewing physician contracts, compensation, and stipends for physicians with duties in the medical center.
- Regularly attends all relevant medical staff meetings, administrative team meetings, and board meetings where appropriate. Serves as ex-officio member of all medical staff committees and administrative committees that significantly affect the medical staff or patient care. May represent hospital to outside agencies when appropriate, including maintaining a working relationship with professional review organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must adhere to all elements of the hospital Compliance Plan and Code of Ethics.
FIRST YEAR EMPHASIS:
- Take the time to understand the people, history and culture of Cody Regional Health and the Cody Community.
- Provide leadership in medical staff affairs and actively promote strong physician engagement throughout the organization.
- Initiate, develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with hospital administration and the medical staff to formulate, coordinate, develop and evaluate organization-wide programs and initiatives related to improvement of clinical operations.
- Actively encourage and drive the clinical quality and patient safety agendas across CRH to include the establishment of monitoring mechanisms and outcomes tracking against national, state and CRH targets/goals, and take appropriate corrective action when problems are identified. Communicate relevant summary information to appropriate leadership, including hospital administration, medical executive committee, and the Governing Board.
- Lead the ongoing standardization and optimization of practices and activities in areas to include clinical quality protocols, performance excellence, credentialing and peer review.
- Serve as a credible advisor to hospital administration, specifically to colleagues on the senior team, in helping develop collaborative, trusting relationships with medical staff.
- Serve as a content expert and advocate for exploring new physician relationship arrangements, including employment, co-management models and service line agreements.
- Work closely with the CEO, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Nursing Officer, Physician Clinic Manager, Hospital Directors, Medical Executive Committee, Medical Staff and Governing Board of Trustees to proactively evaluate new opportunities from both a clinical quality and business strategy standpoint, with the goal of establishing CRH as the hub of healthcare in the Big Horn Basin.
- Evaluate and implement improvements to measuring, reporting and responding to physician engagement opportunities and challenges.
- Serve as a mentor and provide inspirational leadership, guidance and clear direction to teams in Quality/Performance Improvement and Medical Staff Services.
- Represent CRH at state and national levels in healthcare legislative activities, professional organizations, conferences, speaking engagements, and other leadership activities.
Professional license to practice medicine in the state of Wyoming with Active or Consulting privileges at Cody Regional Health
Medical/Prescription, Dental & Vision plans
Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
Deferred Compensation Retirement Plan with Employer Match
Paid Time Off and Extended Illness Bank
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Supplemental Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Savings Plan