SalaryUSD $50,000 - $75,000 50000 - 75000
This position can be located in any region in Virginia. OrthoVirginia, Virginia's largest provider of expert orthopedic and therapy care, is currently seeking a full time, experienced IT Systems Analyst I to join our team! Along with a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, our outstanding employment package includes: competitive salaries, excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off (PTO), a generous 401k incentive plan, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a company-wide wellness program.The IT Systems Analyst I is responsible for developing, testing, maintaining, installing, and/or deploying Epic’s OpTime and Anesthesia modules along with supporting related applications and technologies. Experience with Epic OpTime and Anesthesia applications or operational experience within an Ambulatory Surgery Center or a PeriOp department is preferred. Have in-depth, expert knowledge of OR workflows to include pre-admission, pre-op, intra-op, post-op and anesthesia roles. This analyst works with internal and external customers to determine operational and clinical needs of an application which may be met through the use of IT services and solutions. This position can be located in any region. Primary Functions:
IT System Analysts I gain in-depth knowledge of the software by attending training at Epic and completing application certification projects and tests. Passing the application certifications is a requirement of position. If you are unable to successfully pass the certification exam, you will be unable to fulfill the job requirements. Physical Demands· The IT Systems Analyst I job is a Full-Time position. Occasional travel is a requirement of the position and will vary in length depending on purpose of the trip. Trips are generally planned; however, there may be times that travel is last minute.
- Provides support and troubleshooting to end users
- Documents end-user issues and recommends steps to prevent recurrences
- Perform relevant application build
- Work with Epic representatives and your organization's business community and end users to ensure the system meets the organization's business needs
- Serves as a liaison between end users, third parties, and Epic implementation staff
- Develop, review, and document systems test plans. Perform systems test. Ensures that test requirements are met. Revise/debug software.
- Support procedures around change control processes
- Creates documentation to allow others to support the IT solutions and services appropriately
- Communicates issues to management appropriately
- Maintaining regular communication with Epic representatives
- An understanding of the organization and the user community in the IT System Analyst’s assigned application area
- The ability to maintain issues lists and manage a project plan
- The ability to communicate and follow-up effectively with project leadership and subject matter experts on project tasks
- Eagerness to learn the system and increase knowledge over time
- The ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built
- Analyzes, design, build, test, debugging, and documenting to support implementing and maintaining application systems under minimal direction.
- Attention to detail and ability to produce quality work
- The ability to multi-task. There are many tasks that need to be completed during a project. Projects will get behind schedule if an IT Systems Analyst cannot focus on more than one thing at a time.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment, meet goals in timely manner and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with team members to move projects forward equally as much as the ability to work independently and make progress
- The ability to get things done. Analysts should know the decision-makers and when to escalate issues.
- Ability to think critically and problem, solve to find solutions to simple and complex issues.
- Bachelor's Degree or 3 years’ experience in business operations or information system or as licensed health care clinical professional
- Healthcare background preferred
- General understanding of the work flows in healthcare business and clinical operations
Student looking for part-time work? Up to 45/hr assembling furniture