Technical Writer ( Need Locals )Texas, Houston, 77001 Houston USA
Location Houston, TX Need Locals Duration: 12 months Technical Writer Job Description The Technical Writer will be working on Chevron's Threat Intelligence team taking intelligence products created by intelligence analysts and turning their reporting into finished intelligence products for all levels of consumers, executives to technical analysts. Responsibilities
- Ability to understand, write and explain highly technical information
- Exhibit flexibility to work non-traditional hours, when necessary, in a stressful, deadline-oriented environment
- Organize and write finished intelligence products; threat advisories, daily threat reports, briefing slides, intelligence correspondence and briefing bullets
- Write intelligence products for different audience levels, executive leadership to technical analysts
- Standardize intelligence reporting across the different customers
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English or Communications
- At least 3 years of professional technical writing experience, with some background/understanding in the cyber security domain
- Must be able to understand, write and then explain highly technical information
- Ability to learn intelligence terminology
- Ability to write intelligence products for appropriate audience level
- Detail-oriented and precise in creating written products
- Use screenshots, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase users' understanding
- Must use a critical eye to produce professional and concise documentation free of spelling or grammatical errors
- Ability to interact efficiently with all staff levels
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a rapidly evolving business and technical environment
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Ability to work in high pressure situations and work on sensitive topics
- What is driving the work? The team has never had a Technical Writer in the past and we need to create a consistent product that is grammatically and structurally correct every time.
- How big is the team now? The team consists of 8 analysts.
- What Chevron location is requested for these hires? Remote is fine.
- Is this a remote/hybrid/onsite work model If they are located in Houston, we work 2 days in the office, the rest remote.