SourceNabors Corporate Services Inc
Structural Designer IIITexas, Houston, 77067 Houston USA
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no furtherwe are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs. About Nabors Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world. Canrig Drilling Technology provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to global customer base, improving the safety and efficiency and environmental footprint of operations. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding. JOB Summary Produces designs and detailed drawings for new components and modification to existing parts in conjunction with engineers to satisfy customer design requirements. They create bills of material, engineering change notices and other documents as required. Ideal candidate will have experience with drilling and or rotating equipment, preferably with power houses, drillers cabins, top drives, drawworks, catwalks and wrenches. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model structural design concepts using 3D Parametric software
- Produce detail drawings for new and existing components in accordance with drafting standards.
- Prepare ECN, bills of material and assembly drawings
- Check drawings produced by other designers and drafters
- Create sketches, views or images for bulletins and other technical documents
- Provide technical support to Quality, Manufacturing and Marketing
- Interface with vendors and provide technical support
- Participate in company safety meetings and safety awareness
- Other duties maybe assigned
- Bachelors degree in engineering technology with 6 years experience, or
- Associate degree in engineering technology with 8 years experience, or
- Minimum 8 years of design experience with 8 years of drafting experience
- Ability to read, comprehend and write in English.
- Ability to effectively present technical information, to colleagues, customers and vendors.
- As per engineering technology associate degree requirements.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD
- Manufacturing/Inventory software
- Spreadsheet and word processor software
- Valid Drivers License
- Valid passport
- Domestic and international travel may be required
- Registration with applicable engineering society desired
- Proficient in SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD
- Mechanical design principals including machined parts, assemblies, weldment and sheet metal fabrication.
- Machine technologies and practices
- Ability to draft as per ANSI Y14.5 standard
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Software
- Design creativity
- Ability to perform tolerance stack-up study