SalaryUSD TBD TBD
TheHost/Busser is responsible for greeting and seating guests promptly, facilitating guest reservations, and providing excellent customer service.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS:
- Prompt, courteous and proper seating of guests in the restaurant facilities; Follows company policy regarding the seating of guests.
- Ensures cleanliness of table before seating guests.
- Maintains a seating waiting list as necessary.
- Moves tables and chairs as necessary to accommodate different sized groups.
- Accurately records guest reservations; Communicates reservations to front-of-house management and staff at the beginning of each shift and prepares the dining room accordingly.
- Communicates with the Back-of-House management regarding large incoming groups, changes in schedules and any other information that affects kitchen operations.
- Pre-buses tables; clears tables of plates, glassware and silverware as guests finish
- Busses and re-sets tables; removes dishes and glassware from tables, cleans, and sets tables promptly and efficiently.
- Keeps ice bins stocked.
- Properly disposes of leftover foods and garbage.
- Moves restaurant tables and chairs as necessary to accommodate different sized groups of diners.
- Responds to guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Assists with opening and closing tasks and side work as needed.
- Completes required front-of-the-house sanitation procedures.
- Responsible for daily cleaning projects in addition to any other cleaning projects assigned; Ensures the area in and around host stand is clean and litter free.
- Records pick-up and to-go orders as needed and forwards them appropriately; Keeps to-go supplies stocked.
- Knowledgeable of food and beverage menus.
- Covers shifts of other restaurant positions as required.
- Assists with various restaurant tasks such as carrying trays, clearing and setting tables, etc., as needed.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English; Ability to use and communicate by phone.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a cash register and a credit card machine.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling or equivalent certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Balance and carry trays, plates, and tubs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds repetitively.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (walk in refrigerators and freezers).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Restaurant work experience preferred
Additional InformationBig Bend Resorts, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.