Job#: 1247863 Job Description: IT Help Desk Support SpecialistApex Systems is hiring for an IT Help Desk Support Specialist for a large government client in Oak Ridge, TN!If interested in applying, please send a copy of your updated resume to Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.orgREQUIREMENTS:
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens with the ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD-issued Secret Security Clearance as a condition of employment
- CompTIA Security+ CE and ITIL V3 Foundations certifications required (or ability to obtain within 30 days of starting the position)
- Comprehensive knowledge in the use of personal computers.
- Proven ability in the use of all pertinent software applications.
- Ability to communicate moderately complex or technical information, ideas and results effectively in both oral and written form; compose correspondence and reports.
- Must demonstrate customer service, leadership and team skills.
- Experience in desktop and networking support, IT concepts and help desk software.
- Proficient with MS Windows and Office, VPN / Remote access, and anti-virus software.
- Must be able to think logically and act decisively in critical situations.
- Ability to distinguish between different types of issue and select the correct source for solution.
- Provide first line technical support to computer customers with questions regarding account administration, distribution of software and documentation, system and network status, and incident entry via incident management tool.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature.
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
- Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
- High school education or equivalent and 2+ years of technical experience. Associates Degree and 1 year of related experience preferred.