SalaryUSD TBD TBD
A NYS agency located in Long Island City, NY is looking for a Java Developer for a 3 month contract. Requirements and skills
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field. An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of one (1) year in public health or working with healthcare data standards and exchange protocols is preferred but not required.
- Strong vendor management experience preferred.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Strong planning, and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple concurrent task/projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to provide exemplary customer service and collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a strong work ethic
- Strong desire to keep up to date on latest technology trends.
- Ability to communicate with diverse stakeholder groups across the organization and clearly articulate design and development ideas.
- Adherence to all database design, system architecture, coding, unit testing and deployment standards.
- Author application release reports and technical design documents.
- Ability to develop complex ETL data transformations using SSIS and stored procedures and conducting performance tuning to optimize the system.
- Strong hands-on experience of application development in Java, JSP, Struts, Apache Tomcat
- Knowledge and experience developing in Microsoft SQL Server 2012R2/2016 environment
- Knowledge and experience in C#, .NET 4.0/4.5, MVC4+, ADO.net, and Web Services preferred. However, if no experience, candidate should be willing to learn new technologies including those listed here.
- Experience translating business requirements to technical specifications and database designs
- The following professional certifications are a plus: Oracle Java, or Microsoft MCP, MTA MCTS, MCSE, MCSA, MCD
- Analyze system specifications and evaluate business requirements to support agency with workplan projections.
- Enhance the Secure Informatics Messaging Platform (SIMPL) application to automate file processing, notification, and reporting of Electronic Initial Case Reports (eICR) and Reportability Response (RR).
- Develop quality checking tools that will evaluate the CDA R2 XML and FHIR standards and validate content for LOINC and SNOMED codes.
- Automate reports to alert and notifications of data quality issues.
- Develop integrated project tracking to monitor data quality and data mapping issues and monitor progress.
- Improve reporting and analytics to ensure the timeliness and quality of the data.
- Work closely with Project Manager to review requirements and provide work effort estimations.
- Provide status updates to project manager and project stakeholders.
- Provide architecture oversight and code review.
- Resolve all security scan issues identified and create a knowledgebase of common security issues.
- Develop and maintain IT architecture diagrams of enterprise, business, data, security and / or technology architectures for IT solutions, concepts and strategies to meet business requirements for target audiences.
- Define and maintain the methodology, principles, roadmap, standards and guidelines for IT architecture team for security, reuse, interoperability and integration.
- Confirm the conformance of applications, components and service to established standards.
- Ensure compliance with architecture standards and guidelines throughout the application development lifecycle.
- Assist with major internally developed projects and new software products, including continued support, documentation and training.
- Identify probable system problems or design flaws and escalates issues to upper management before serious performance impact.
- Continuously learn new technologies and participate in adoption of new technologies.
- The Java Developer will enhance the agency Health Care facility conformance application interface to process and perform message conformance checks on real time Health Level 7 (HL7) compliant Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) R2 XML and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resource (FHIR) based standard specifications.
- Enabling development of quality checking tools to evaluate the HL7 xml format, automate reports, alerts and notifications to monitor and track data quality issues.