SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Position/Job Title: Security Specialist Senior Location: Albuquerque, NM Job Summary: Performs personnel security requirements for USAF Customer. Follows all requirements of Security Coordinator responsibilities and attends Security Coordinator training. Conducts Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) verification of personnel security clearances/access levels. Performs security in- and out-processing of contractor personnel. Coordinates security in- and out-processing of Civil Service and Military personnel with Information System Security Manager. Creates and issues security badges for personnel assigned as required. Operates the door proximity access system and issues proximity access cards. Drafts and submits security SOPs for approval, to ensure compliance with Air Force regulations and guidance. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned):
- Physical Security and Risk Management/Safeguarding of Classified Information.
- Protects against security vulnerabilities that will exist during the development processes as well as those that will require preventive measures upon completion or delivery of systems and products.
- Makes adjustments in physical security systems as needed.
- Assist with preparing accreditation packages to include fixed facility checklists, facility and alarm diagrams, inspectable space determinations, and other essential physical security documents for approval by approval agencies.
- Follows guidance and assist supervisors and managers in the areas of physical, information, personnel and industrial security.
- Implements RSC instructions, policies, and procedures to support installation security plans.
- Familiar with the classification management program, and supports program managers in developing classified guidance and decisions. Provides guidance on classification marking, accountability, control, storage, safeguarding, downgrading, declassifying, and destruction procedures for classified materials.
- Adheres to and recommends changes to Security Operating Procedures to ensure that critical government resources, personnel and facilities are protected in a dynamic threat environment.
- Assist in implementing and administering the RSC Resource Protection Program which includes Control Entry Custodian, Alarm Custodian, Security Access Systems and Open Storage Approval.
- Assist managers with the policies, instructions, procedures, control systems and methods for such activities and functions as safeguarding and use; personnel access controls; need to know criteria; physical storage and control; and transmitting, transferring, reproducing, emergency protection and removal, destroying of classified information.
- Monitors controlled area to ensure all personnel, computers, magnetic media are in compliance; ensures physical security requirements for automated data processing and secure communications equipment are met.
- Applicant must have a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant DoD work experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline. Relevant work experience and training may be considered in lieu of a degree, like Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Crediting Combinations of Education and Experience standard.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Special Access Program environment
- Experience working Classified computer systems (JPAS/JWICS/SGN, etc)