SourceTradeweb Markets LLC
Linux EngineerNew Jersey, Jerseycity, 07097 Jerseycity USA
The Linux engineering team are responsible for Tradewebs Linux runtime environment. As a member of this global team, you will play a vital part in the strategy and operations of the firm. You will be heavily involved in the hardening of the OS, development and running of deployment tooling, and optimization of the platform for a low latency environment. In addition, you will also be asked to plan and execute the provisioning of new installations and the upgrades/patches of current deployments. The preferred candidate is a self-starter and well-rounded professional with strong knowledge in systems, system administration, systems engineering, storage, security and networking. The candidate should be passionate about technology and eager to work with team members in a fast-paced environment developing solutions supporting business objectives. Tradeweb Technology jobs are fully remote. The Tradeweb Technology hub is located in our Jersey City office which can be used for team meetings and collaboration efforts. There may be days where travel to the Jersey City office is recommended for organizational off-sites.Job Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing system architecture and operational duties for the firms Linux platform across all business lines.
- Automate deployment and routine maintenance of the environment using pipeline.
- Build and deploy infrastructure, security and application monitoring tooling.
- Work closely with the InfoSec team to provide detailed and actionable system logs to the SOC.
- Define and monitor system SLA, build alarming and escalation procedures.
- Monitor and mitigate (through rolling patching) Linux security issues and vulnerabilities.
- Provide assistance to application teams to debug performance/availability issues and provide subject matter expertise to application support teams.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support your environment.
- Perform detailed root cause analysis and write clear and detailed post mortem reports including suggested long-term mitigation and remediation projects.
- Proactively monitor utilization and performance and recommend capacity management strategies.
- Accurately and completely document the environment and management processes.
- Plan DR and BCP strategies and participate in implementation.
- Detailed knowledge of the Linux platform, including regular system administration, kernel optimization, OS hardening and the Linux networking stack.
- Solid networking skills, ability to debug networking issues using standard Linux tooling.
- Good understanding with various storage technologies and SAN/NAS protocols.
- Demonstrated experience debugging OS issues in a complex business environment.
- Experience with one or more virtualization environment (VMware) in a production setting.
- Strong sense of system hygiene and attention to detail, focused to drive projects to completion.
- Strong proclivity for automation, including demonstrated experience building automated deployment tooling for Linux. Experience with Ansible, terraform, terragrunt.
- Bias for infrastructure as code using gitlab pipeline.
- AWS cloud experience with EC2, EKS, VPC, IAM, S3, Glacier
- Demonstrated coding ability, especially in the area of system automation, preferred languages Python and bash.
- Detailed understanding of container runtimes, with production experience considered a strong plus.
- Container orchestration experience a must, e.g. k8s, Nomadetc.
- Experience in a low latency environment a strong plus, e.g. Solarflare or OpenOnload
- Experience deploying and managing several infrastructure and application monitoring tools and using those tools to make data driven operational decisions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Health Insurance: Highly competitive medical, dental, and vision programs
- Hybrid Environment: Our employees have the flexibility of working in the office and from home.
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts: You may elect to set aside pre-tax earnings to pay for eligible health care and dependent day care expenses for you and your eligible family members.
- Maven Family Building Benefit: Maven offers support for fertility and preconception; pregnancy and post-partum; adoption; surrogacy and pediatrics for children up to age 10. Tradeweb provide a $10,000 lifetime reimbursement towards fertility, egg freezing, adoption and surrogacy expenses.
- Building Wealth - 401(k) Savings Plan: Employees are immediately eligible for the 401(k) plan. Participants may contribute up to 75% of eligible compensation into a traditional 401(k) and/or Roth 401(k). Tradeweb will match 100% of the first 4% of compensation that you contribute.
- The current pay range for this role if performed in the city of New York is currently $100,000 to $250,000 per year, based on a regular, full-time schedule. The amount of pay offered will be determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to qualifications, market data, geographic location, and internal guidelines.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits Program
- ARAG Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness Tools
- Travel Assistance Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Corporate Gym Subsidies
- Wellness Perks
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave