SalaryUSD TBD TBD
We are in search of an engineer to support exciting new technology product development initiatives that enhance our global business.
The successful candidate will be a part of the Global NT team (U.S. and Germany) in the area of R&D forU.S. products. The team will develop and implement global innovation technologies into Hobart warewash products in close cooperation with regional marketing teams and engineering functions (U.S. and Germany).
This position will initially report to the Engineering Manager of Global New Technologies.
The R&D Engineer for Global New Technologies shall primarily be responsible for:
- Identifying market needs in dedicated market segments and countries in cooperation with global marketing.
- Identifying, observing and understanding customer pain points and problems to find solutions through new opportunities and ideas.
- Detailed validation of ideas with highest priorities, according to technical and economic criteria.
- Advanced research and development of new technologies and new innovations based on market and customer research, needs, pain points, requirements and regional standards.
- Technology transfer to Hobart product platform development and working with related cross- functional teams.
- Ongoing improvement of major ware washing attributes (e.g. TCO, energy consumption, labor management, soil and waste management, chemical optimization, etc.) focused on “80” machines and “80” competitors.
- Observation and evaluation of potential new technology and market trends.
To be successful in this position, candidates must have the capability to think strategically regarding global innovations and understand the strong link to the overall profitable global business growth objectives. Individuals must be results oriented, capable of identifying and working to fact-based data, have an affinity toward market and customer orientation, have excellent communication skills, be analytical and able to integrate with multiple functions and nationalities dedicated to Research and Technology projects.
We are seeking innovative candidates that have a structured working approach. The preferred minimum qualifications are:
- BS in mechanical or electrical Engineering; MS or MBA preferred
- Knowledgeable in mechanical and electrical engineering, physics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics and chemistry
- Ability to lead projects
- Knowledgeable in engineering tools like: 3-D CAD (Pro Engineer preferred), FMEA, VA, DVPR, DOE, New Product Development, Stage Gate processes (NPD)
- Basic skills in IoT and Connectivity
- ITW Tool Box: 80/20, PLS, USa, MSF, Customer Back Innovation (could be trained)
- Willingness to travel (EU/Asia)
- Second language desirable, German preferred
If you are interested in pursuing this new opportunity and being a part of this global New Technologies team, please apply.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.