SalaryUSD Depends on Experience Depends on Experience
SourceSystems Technology Group Inc. (STG)
Title: Big Data Developer (Spark)Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has several openings for These positions are based in Dearborn, MI for a large Fortune 500 Automotive firm. Please note that these project assignments are with our own direct clients. We do not go through any vendors. STG only does business with direct end-clients. These positions are expected to be long term. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.Responsibilities:The Big Data Developer will provide expertise in a wide range of technical areas, including but not limited to: Cloudera Hadoop ecosystem. Routine responsibilities include:
- Conduct POCs (proof of concept) and pilots to try new solutions and provide summary of results
- Participate in detailed technical design, development, implementation and support of Big Data applications
- Maintain standards compliance and ensure development artifacts are in alignment with patterns/ frameworks designed by software engineering teams
- Familiarity with Spark programming paradigms (batch and stream-processing). Understanding of different data abstraction objects used in spark for different use cases, use of optimal data format and other optimization techniques.
- Strong programming skills in at least one of the following languages: Java, Scala. Familiarity with a scripting language like Python as well as Unix/Linux shells
- Strong knowledge of writing optimized Spark and Hive sql and experience to tune poor performing queries.
- Outstanding programming and debugging skills. Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with Java and/or Scala, preferably with Spring framework. 3+ years preferred.
- Strong experience with SQL and relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle.
Big Data Developer