SalaryUSD 97800-146000USD 97800-146000USD
Senior Scrum MasterMaryland, Hanover, 21076 Hanover USA
Job Summary: Become an integral part of a globally diverse team while working in an Industry leading organization, where our employees come first. A global leader in talent solutions, we are problem-solvers and servant leaders at our core. Through our network of specialized companies, our mission is to create significant opportunities for people that shape our world. We are seeking a motivated, passionate, diligent, creative and customer- oriented Scrum Master with significant expertise in servant leadership, coaching, problem solving and building high performing teams. Responsibilities Essential Functions:
- Builds a high-performing team Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance, and coaches the team in self-management.
- Helps the team focus on creating increments of value each iteration and achieving daily and Iteration Goals in the context of the current Program Increment (PI) Objectives.
- Continuously assess the SAFe maturity of the teams and coach for relentless and continuous improvements.
- Elicits feedback through retrospective ceremony or direct meetings to continually improve the scrum master position.
- Builds a trusting and safe environment to discuss problems with an emphasis on team collaboration and problem-solving.
- Assists with internal and external communication, promoting collaboration, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Works with teams to remove impediments which includes working with dependencies with other teams/Scrum masters.
- Facilitates discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.Instills accountability in the teams by implementing different ideas and leading by example.
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for ART events; Assists the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt.
- Plans team capacity and works closely with Product Managers and Product Owners to support the Product roadmap.
- Works closely with Release Train Engineer and Leadership to ensure best practice for Scrum ceremonies and key metrics are captured.
- Bachelor's degree or combination of education and relevant experience Scrum Master certification (SSM,CSM, SAFe SM, PSM I, CSM PSII etc.)
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least 4 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Previous experience with a global team.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills including negotiation.
- Demonstrates commitment to IT methodologies, processes and standards for project management / Agile methodology.
- Solid understanding of scope, schedule and planning; understanding of time management, resource management cost management. Possesses good project management skills.
- Demonstrates Agile behavior - energy, drive, daily focus, good soft skills, result oriented.
- Capability to apply Agile frameworks (Scrum, SAFe) in large programs.
- Virtual/Remote Team Leadership experience with global coverage.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated.
- Problem solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Collaborative in driving decisions.
- Skilled in servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team Version One, MS Teams, MS Office.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Project management experience a plus.
- Build relationships
- Develop people
- Lead change
- Inspire Others
- Think critically
- Communicate clearly
- Create accountability