SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Description Has working at NASA a dream since you touched your 1st computer? Now is your chance to join the SAIC Cyber team supporting NASA's Goddard NASCOM Mission Network Security Team as we secure and defend the worldwide NASA Mission Network. The role of Cyber Security Engineer is a hands-on technical position joining a seasoned and diverse team of cyber security professionals. This role will sit in Greenbelt, MD.Job Description:
- Respond to security incidents including gathering, analyzing and presenting forensic evidence for cyber malware and intrusions.
- Perform data analytics seeking, identifying and confirming cyber threats, risks and vulnerabilities to the network environment.
- Support the development and deployment of agency-wide cyber security projects and initiatives into the network environment.
- Perform risk analysis of proposed capabilities resulting in specific technical recommendations for improving security and/or mitigating cyber risk.
- Briefing technical and non-technical management on cyber issues, threats, vulnerabilities and risk reduction strategies.
- Ideal candidate must be able to grasp a wide range of unique skills, and be able to think and respond quickly to real-time problems as they arise.
- Candidate must have strong multi-tasking skills to effectively meet task objectives.
- Cyber intrusion detection, incident response or forensic analysis experience.
- Solid understanding of certificates, application and network encryption, computer network protocols including TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, HTTP, SMTP, ARP, DNS, DHCP, and VOIP.
- Linux and Windows system administration experience.
- Working knowledge of information security issues, trends and leading practices.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Coding/Scripting experience e.g. Perl, Bash, VB Script, Python, etc.
- Experience working with networking and security tools such as Tenable Security Center, McAfee Vulnerability Manager, ELK, Intella and Metasploit.
- Experience with VMware Hypervisor and related tools.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GCIA, CEH, GCIH, GCFA or CSIH.
- A self-starter, performing tasks with minimal supervision but working effectively with immediate and cross-functional team members.
- Highly effective communicator (both verbal and written).
- Excellent organizational, detail, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 9 or more years of hands-on working experience in cyber intrusion detection, system administration or network administration.