SourceDunhill Professional Search
SAP BASIS AdministratorProvides effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to policy. Documents system metrics, identifies problems, and recommends solutions. Supervise and manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based. Plan and monitor the optimizing of system operation and resource utilization and perform systems capacity analysis and planning. Plan and monitor assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.Job Responsibilities
- Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures.
- Conducts moderately complex analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
- Serves as the back up to respond to user requests for system needs and upgrades or handles request that are more complex.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems in an efficient manner with little to no supervision.
- Implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
- Administers, runs tests on, and maintains operating system and related software.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
- Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
- Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user guides.
- Actively engaged in the planning and designing of new platforms and integrating new technologies into existing infrastructure. Evaluates new technologies and releases.
- Conducts cost analysis of newly designed platforms and technologies.
- Creates and reviews technical systems recovery plans to reduce down time if a system outage were to occur.
- Reviews the problem management register and identifies actions.
- Applies scripting methodologies to automate related tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience in information technology, systems administration, or other IT related field (Associates Degree plus 5 years of experience may be substituted).
- Active Secret clearance
- Skills/Experience: Experience as system administrator in software testing, installation, configuration, and system problem resolution of computer operating systems.
- Experience as an SAP BASIS system administrator in software testing, installation, configuration, and system problem resolution of computer operating systems. Experience in deploying new SAP solutions to include system startup, configuration, and upgrades
- BASIS Administrator Windows/Linux/Weblogic
- SAP Certification is a plus
- Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve more complex system hardware, software, or networking related problems.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a project participant.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, digital workspace, and storage technology.