Job#: 1248476 Job Description: Lab TechnicianContract to HireRate: 22.50/hrOverview: Apex Systems is looking for a Lab Technician for an immediate opportunity in the greater Quad Cities area. If interested, please send your Word resume to Josh at for more details. Responsibilities:
- Perform the required analytical testing for each lab.
- Perform special assays as required in each lab.
- Perform maintenance and calibrations on laboratory equipment.
- Work on special projects related to method/instrument development and validation as directed by the manager or chemist.
- Prepare and standardize chemical solutions necessary for the lab.
- Know and use good lab practices. This involves proper cleanup of the lab areas and good safety habits.
- Properly use Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), the system used to store all lab data.
- Assist with training of new and existing employees.
- Partner and communicate with Production when issues arise.
- Maintain good communication with all Quality and Production personnel.
- Participate in effective turnover communications at shift change.
- Minimum of an associate's degree in a science related field, preferred a bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochem, bio, or related field
- Any experience with HPLC or is strongly preferred
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize work accordingly
- Ability to work with others