Maintenance Tech IIIndiana, South bend / michiana, 46601 South bend / michiana USA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities RequiredEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all maintenance related work assignments to insure all facilities & equipment are properly maintained in a safe and reliable working order.
- Completes all scheduled preventative maintenance / work assignments and supports final repair results with detailed documentation.
- Performs unassisted routine preventative maintenance and major repairs on various electrical and mechanical equipment for the entire logistics center.
- Maintains all equipment in the logistics center.
- Maintains assigned tools and supports the accurate inventory of all company supplied tools.
- Assists with and participates in on-the-job training for all skill types that are involved with the maintenance and repair of equipment and the facility.
- Assists with the coordination of the Maintenance Manager duties.
- Installs and repairs equipment.
- Resolves conveyor system variations and malfunctions.
- Maintains high quality appearance of the equipment, facility and grounds.
- Performs AV, conference room, classroom set-ups.
- Coordinates calls to the waste removal company to insure dumpsters and compactors are emptied in a timely manner.
- Updates maintenance work assignment records via the computerized maintenance management system.
- Perform minor welding tasks with electrical welding equipment on mild steels and be knowledgeable of all safety practices relating to welding processes.
- Troubleshoots complex electrical controls.
- Assigns work via computerized work order system.
- Installs electrical circuitry, conducts and control components.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
- 3-5 years of experience in industrial or commercial maintenance experience.
- Must have completed classroom training or its equivalent on electrical controls.
- Must have experience repairing and maintaining conveyor equipment.
- Must have welding and fabrication experience in Oxy/Ace and electrode or wire type welding equipment and knowledgeable of all welding safety requirements.
- Must have training or equivalent for basic AC & DC electricity.
- Experience repairing and maintaining basic mechanical devices required.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. Required
- Ability to troubleshoot conveyor systems using conveyor control software.
- Working knowledge and experience with various electrical systems ranging from 24VDC to 480V 3phase.
- Ability to troubleshoot various electrical control systems.
- Basic PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) experience
- Basic Knowledge of VFD (Variable Frequency Drives).
- Ability to replace and diagnose AC/DC electric motors, mechanical drives, and gearboxes.
- Experience with hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, fire suppression systems, conveyor systems.
- Basic welding skills and safety of welding equipment a plus.
- Mechanical repair experience and troubleshooting abilities to include bearings, chains, and belts.
- Capable of learning robotics and automation equipment.
- Ability to learn and operate computerized maintenance management software (CMMS).
- Able to perform unassisted repairs and preventative maintenance to all assets. Includes all equipment and the logistic center building needs. Maintain a quality appearance of all assets.
- Physically able to stand, climb ladders, crouch, crawl and lift 50lbs unassisted for extended time periods.
- Able to keep non-standard hours, work overtime, and be available on call occasionally.
- Thorough understanding of different levels of LOTO (Lock Out-Tag Out including execution and record keeping.
- Maintain and keep inventory of all assigned tools in good working condition.
- Ability to assist with the removal and installation of equipment.
- Assist in maintaining all spare parts inventory including recommendations for purchasing.
- Basic knowledge of thermal imaging of electrical equipment and it's usage.
- Meets all attendance policy and lead by example for all safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
- Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to coach others in the development of their skills.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to effectively use relevant material handling equipment.
- Able to execute oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Able to identify needs and opportunities and develop action plans to address.
- Able to transport up to 50 lbs.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to be immobile for long extended periods.
- Able to serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Able to troubleshoot system-related problems.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications (which may include spreadsheets, word processors, databases, etc) at a basic level.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Distribution center environment; may include exposure to extreme temperatures; high noise levels; high places; wet and/or humid conditions; and outside weather conditions
- On-call availability required as necessary.
- Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
- Elective Benefits: Our programs are tailored to your country to best accommodate your lifestyle.
- Grow Your Career: Accelerate your path to success (and keep up with the future) with formal programs on leadership and professional development, and many more on-demand courses.
- Elevate Your Personal Well-Being: Boost your financial, physical, and mental well-being through seminars, events, and our global Life Empowerment Assistance Program.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: It's not just a phrase to us; valuing every voice is how we succeed. Join us in celebrating our global diversity through inclusive education, meaningful peer-to-peer conversations, and equitable growth and development opportunities.
- Make the Most of our Global Organization: Network with other new co-workers within your first 30 days through our onboarding program.
- Connect with Your Community: Participate in internal, peer-led inclusive communities and activities, including business resource groups, local volunteering events, and more environmental and social initiatives.