Desktop Support EngineerIllinois, Mokena, 60448 Mokena USA
Role: End User Support / Desktop Support Duration: Longterm Location: Mokena, IL ( Onsite Role) Immediate Start PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: To be technical lead and provide day-to-day operational supports of IT Systems and End User Support to the business units, administer servers and client computing software (O365, Adobe, Symantec, etc.) To ensure all IT system operations are fully functioning, oversee vendors, manage computer inventory, manage IT Helpdesk ticketing system and assist management in budget preparation. Their work may include installing, configuring, and updating hardware and software, as well as fixing any issue related to the equipment that may come up on a daily basis. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administer and provide day-to-day operational supports of IT Systems and End User Support to the business units.
- Administer and support server services such as Domain Controller, Print and File servers, ERP server, and inhouse business management system.
- Administer client computing software client computing software (O365, Adobe, Symantec, MS Teams, CRM etc.), oversee vendors, manage computer inventory, manage IT Helpdesk ticketing system and assist management in budget preparation.
- Manage service Print Services vendor to ensure excellent support, ensure all contractual agreements and expectations are properly met and reconcile monthly invoices, ensuring accuracy.
- Manage projects to ensuring appropriate deadlines are met, within budget and proactively communicate to all stakeholders of project status.
- Provides day to day end user support of VoIP and Cisco Call Manager and Unity, POTS lines, internet/intranet, VPN, eFAX, and videoconferencing.
- Orders and configures hardware and software of new computer, external monitors, printers, tablets, VoIP, Cell phones, Hotspots, and Wi-Fi.
- Maintains and updates inventory document (Book of Business) and P&P (Process and Procedures).
- Installing and configuring new technology to be used by the company, such as hardware, operative systems, and programs or applications.
- Giving regular maintenance to existing hardware and computer systems.
- Providing assistance to company staff or clients with technology-related issues:
- Understanding the issue and its cause;
- solving the problem; and explaining the problem to the staff member or client.
- Troubleshooting systems and applications:
- Running diagnostics on malfunctioning hardware or software; and
- Finding solutions for any issue and implementing it.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned by management.
- Adheres to the Company's policies, procedures, code of conduct, confidentiality requirements and IT Department's Vision and Mission.
- Sets a high standard of ethical behavior for self and for others to follow.
- Collaborates with all department leaders to ensure appropriate inclusiveness.
- Demonstrates competence, shares knowledge, and eagerness to learn.
- Performs duties in an organized and thoughtful manner.
- Communicates effectively with coworkers and clients
- Operates with integrity in all actions and words.
- Respects others and the work performed.