SalaryUSD100,000 - USD128,000
Sr. IT Portfolio AnalystIllinois, Chicago, 60603 Chicago USA
job summary:The Senior Portfolio Analyst performs analysis activities that support the decision-making regarding matching technology solutions (configuration, setup, and development) with the business, user, and functional needs of stakeholders. This involves conducting functional comparisons and staying abreast of what is being done at other law firms and professional services firms. The Senior Portfolio Analyst partners with the appropriate business stakeholders and the IT Portfolio Manager to prioritize a project roadmap for their assigned area, in this case, the area of Human Capital Management (Core Human Resources, Recruiting, Learning & Development, and Performance Management). The business and IT teams maintain a set of institutional knowledge of what is working well within the portfolio and what needs improvement. location: Chicago, Illinoisjob type: Permanentsalary: $100,000 - 128,000 per yearwork hours: 8am to 5pmeducation: Bachelors responsibilities:
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand and prioritize their needs
- Seek input of user experience and business analysts to determine potential improvements to their assigned products.
- Preparation and analysis of business user needs into the necessary documentation
- Stay abreast of best practices being done at other firms, and technology developments that may impact the area. Act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders and the IT Portfolio Manager to influence the technology decisions for the area based on this knowledge.
- Analyze and consolidate all perspectives on the project - business needs, user experience, security, risk, time, technology architecture, operational considerations, etc. - to help the Firm reach the best technology decisions.
- Drives project and business teams toward achieving intended business results
- Manages the lifecycle of their assigned products, from inception to implementation, throughout production until retirement / upgrade.
- Performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path issues.
- Review and reporting of program/project status.
- Preparation of materials for briefings and presentations to large size groups of key decision makers at the executive level.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)