Sr. SQL DBA( Hybrid)Georgia, Lawrenceville, 30043 Lawrenceville USA
Description Summary: This position's main responsibility is to manage and maintain the company's SQL Server ecosystem. The DBAs write T-SQL queries, manage changes to customer databases, and ensure that backup protocols are followed. Essential Duties: The duties listed below are the essential functions of this position, and they may change as the needs of the company demand. All associates are expected to do what is necessary to get the work done and to cooperate fully with their supervisor's requests for additional or altered duties.
- Perform administrative tasks on multiple enterprise databases across cloud and on-prem environments.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business' Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Troubleshoot SQL Server Problems as they occur (including after-hours and weekends) in relation to our in-house products.
- Develop data correction scripts using T-SQL.
- Configure SQL Server and third-party monitoring utilities for critical alerts to the DataOps team.
- As new systems are brought in-house, implement "Full" and "Transactional log" backups, and mirroring.
- Install and configure new SQL Servers.
- Verify database change requests provided by other departments.
- Query optimization, including regular tuning of indexes.
- Update documentation related to our processes.
- Designing tables and Stored Procedures.
- Using Profiler traces to troubleshoot queries.
- Pro-actively Identifying SQL Server reliability and performance issues.
- Keep up-to-date on upcoming SQL Server product releases.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in a directly related position.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, MIS or Computer Science highly preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 Year of experience handling On-call troubleshooting with SQL Server.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Specific certifications and trainings adding to the global experience of this profession are welcomed and desired.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills in English and ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to build and maintain positive business relationships with co-workers and other business contacts.