SalaryUSD Depends on Experience Depends on Experience
SourceGTN Technical Staffing
Team LeadHIGHLIGHTSLocation: Washington D.C.Position Type: ContractHourly / Salary: Based on experience Our client is looking for a team lead to join their team! Job DescriptionOverview:The incumbent serves as a Team Lead for Technical Solutions within Technology Services and is the recognized technical authority for the evaluation, development, implementation, and management of information technology projects. As such, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the information system(s) comply with legislative and regulatory requirements for the design, development, security, and maintenance of the Center’s highly professional, technical, and complex regulatory, scientific, and administrative programs. (25%) - Incumbent spends 25 percent of work time as a team lead of employees performing two-grade interval work.Specifically:
- Is responsible for ensuring that the organization’s strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated and integrated into the team’s strategies, goals, objectives, and work; communicates to the team milestones.
- Coaches the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques
- Leads the team in identifying, distributing, and balancing workload among employees; arranging for team member training; monitors and reports on the status and progress of work
- Serves as coach and facilitator in coordinating team initiatives, policy implementation, and consensus building
- Prepares reports and maintains records of work accomplishments and supporting information
- Represents the team in dealings with the supervisor and manager to obtain resources and secure information for decisions
- Reports to the supervisor on team and individual work accomplishments, problems, and work processes, including individual and team training needs
- Represents the team consensus and convey the team’s findings
- Reports to the team on progress in meeting team milestones and deadlines for completion of assignments
- Applies a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods to analyze and improve team effectiveness
- Leads the team in assessing its strengths and weaknesses
- Approves emergency leave for up to three days, eight hours or less for medical appointments, and other types of leave as delegated by management
- Resolves simple and informal complaints of employees and refers others to an appropriate management official; informs employees of awards, benefits, services, and work related activities
- Informs the supervisor of team and individual performance, management issues and problems, and recommends corrective actions.
- Skill in conceptualizing, researching, designing, developing, and implementing complex solutions related to information systems, electronic data, and analytic capabilities.
- Develops and implements plans for integrating new and cutting-edge technology and upgrading existing technology.
- Expertise in directing work for advanced system projects and/or resolving critical problems in existing systems.
- Provides technical leadership by planning and carrying out difficult and complex assignments, and recommends solutions for complex IT issues to designers, developers, and other system analysts.
- Ensures the integration of all systems components, e.g., procedures, databases, policies, software, hardware; and, implementation planning.
- Ensures that system design and development follow application development practices policies and that the proper tools, techniques and methods are used in the structured analysis of current and alternative approaches to delivering IT services.
- Expertise in a variety of software development life cycles (SDLCs), software development methodologies such as rapid application development (RAD) as well as an understanding of current development methodology such Agile, Scrum, and DevOps.
- Performs technology standards reviews and approvals, data standards development and implementation.
- Uses systems life cycle concepts in planning, developing, implementing, operating, and maintaining information systems.
- In coordination with the Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT), ensures that the Center/Office has an effective information security posture.
- Negotiates effectively with management and others affected by Agency/Center information systems and programs to accept and implement recommendations where the proposals involved substantial Agency and/or Center resources.