SalaryUSD TBD TBD
R&D Software Development EngineerJob Description:R&D Software Development EngineerMicro Focus helps organizations run and transform its business through four core areas of digital transformation: Enterprise DevOps , Hybrid IT Management , Predictive Analytics and Security, Risk, and Governance . Our software provides the critical tools they need to build, operate, secure, and analyze their enterprise. By design, these tools bridge the gap between existing and emerging technologies - enabling faster innovation, with less risk, in the race to digital transformation. About the RoleThe R&D Software Development Engineer analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet- related computer programs, primarily for end users. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. https://www.microfocus.com/en-products/operations-bridge-suite/overview has details about our Operations Bridge portfolio.The R&D Software Development Engineer
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of end- user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms based on specific requirements and instructions.
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on software applications design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 0-2 years experience.
- Programming in Python and other programming languages
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL
- Nice to have: Machine Learning, Data Science, Big Data
- Experience or understanding of software applications design tools and languages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of design for software applications running on multiple platform types.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English