SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceThe First American Corporation
Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.comJob SummaryAs a Production Support Software Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for the support and maintenance of our Agency production applications.As the ideal candidate, you're passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. You have a commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Supporting reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience monitoring large-scale distributed systems. You'll have thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services and will flourish in an environment where new opportunities and challenges arise frequently. We're seeking a great team player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people around them.Responsibilities:
- Support trouble-shooting client issues with high level data analysis and project review.
- Evaluate client applications using apt hardware and software platform based on given configuration.
- Develop code updates to fix reported defects.
- Maintain interaction within entire organization and third-party related entities.
- Provide communication during critical production issues to Product team.
- Implement best programming practices in software engineering.
- Triage and engage customers to troubleshoot and understand inbound issues.
- Monitor and analyze production monitoring data/telemetry to pinpoint issues and best ensure production stability
- Assist in support hours of operation and off hour production emergencies.
- Help stabilize new products from delivery teams into production.
- Identify root causes of technical issues in production and provide solutions
- Design and develop solutions to fix identified problems.
- Interact with project teams for new products development giving insights from technical issues of previous products.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience building production software systems
- Experience with monitoring software such as Cloudwatch and AppDynamics
- Experience developing cloud software services
- Computer Science fundamentals experience in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- OO design/development experience
- Test Driven Development experience
- Familiarity with Enterprise technology tools: Service Bus, Caching, SQL ecosystem, NoSQL, Multithread, Performance Optimization
- Rigorous focus on security at all levels of the application, a "shift left" mentality
- Experience with Microsoft .NET frameworks
- Experience with AWS platform
- Experience with React and or NodeJS a plus
- Site Reliability Engineer Practice a plus
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Familiarity in Financial and Insurance industry is a plus
BTS Software Engineer (Remote)