SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceThe First American Corporation
BTS IT Program Manager - Transformation Management Office (TMO)California, Santaana, 92701 Santaana USA
Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.comJob SummaryWe are well known for our excellence in Title Insurance and Escrow Services. We're continually investing in our future, how we work and what we build. Be part of a transformative team that will shape the future as we envision, design and develop our next generation technology solutions. We're looking for a driven, passionate and experienced Program Manager to ensure our transformation focuses on results through ongoing assessments of needed resources and capabilities. You will be key in providing transparency on milestones and activities to ensure progress of critical initiatives. You will be pivotal in enabling teams to correctly apply methodology, tools, and templates to obtain desired outcomes or behaviors. You will also have responsibility to identify and coordinate interdependencies across teams. Join us if you are driven by a passion for leveraging relationships and technologies to improve business operations. As a leader within the Transformation Management Office you will be accountable for one or more teams as they begin the transformation of our IT organization from its current structure to a more customer driven, product focused, agile organization. The TMO will provide essential support to effectively manage the change and ensure employees or stakeholders at every level understand and are equipped for success. You will be responsible for ensuring new department strategies are clearly defined and programs are driven towards successful implementation. Engagement with Senior Leadership to facilitate planning activities and support translation of strategies into high-level roadmaps. You will act as a trusted advisor and thought leader to internal customers at all levels. This role will require creating a systematic approach to identifying, assessing, prioritizing, executing, and monitoring key initiatives within the TMO. You will be encouraged to challenge existing approaches, promote increased innovation, collaboration, sharing knowledge and experimentation.Essential Functions:
- Establish strategic approach to program delivery and alignment of each project's tactical delivery plan to the strategy
- Prepare TMO program documents: program roadmaps, plan, scope, schedules, methodology and established program governance
- Collaborate with TMO stakeholders and leadership to prioritize efforts
- Design success measures and best practices for teams and stakeholders
- Facilitate meetings including preparing agendas and coordinating schedules and materials, documenting meeting minutes, following-up on action items, gathering, organizing and distributing project related documentation
- Establish governance to detect, address, and overcome challenges that may arise in achieving milestones and results, e.g. risk management and issue resolution. Minimize our exposure and risk across multiple teams; Conduct risk monitoring and controls during a project's duration to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget
- Utilizing defined best practices to develop program specific practices and processes to ensure alignment with program goals and strategy. Defines needed practices and processes to ensure successful program delivery where no best practices exist.
- Provides executive level communication of program and project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the program to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the program
- Experience creating an environment that motivates, inspires and respects others. Leadership skills to inspire coworkers, subordinates, and program team members to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Skilled at providing clarity of purpose and goals to all involved and ensuring alignment across all aspects of their programs.
- Detail oriented possessing high organization and planning skills.
- Strong analytical skills as well as ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong Project Accounting skills: integrates financial data for multiple projects; develops project cost estimates and forecasting; experience translating Agile metrics to Executives for Portfolio Level Reporting
- Understanding of various IT delivery methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall) with proficiency in Agile scaling frameworks: SaFE, Spotify and Scrum methodologies
- Understanding of applied Agile across diverse Functional areas (i.e. Service Levels, Desktop Services, Marketing, etc. in addition to traditional Development and Product Teams)
- Experience as a Project Manager, Scrum Master, and Product Manager with software products to fully understand how roles coexist and intersect to create our Organization and Portfolio
- Anticipates and addresses issues openly and quickly
- Ensures that sensitive information is always tactfully communicated
- Listen to others and accept input from team members
- Complies with and enforces standard policies and procedures
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Project and PPM Tools (Project Server, Aha!, AzureDevOps (ADO))
- Manages department processes and procedures.
- Negotiates, persuades, and gains consensus from cross functional teams.
- 10+ years of directly related experience.
- 5+ years program management experience
- 5+ years' experience managing direct reports
- 5+ years' experience managing IT programs from concept through business implementation
- 10+ years' experience managing large cross functional project teams
- BS/BA Required
- MBA or MS/MA Preferred
- PMP Certificate Preferred
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Preferred
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt highly preferred
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification Preferred