SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Data underpins our products, enabling intelligent decision making and improved user experiences. Leveraging the latest ML, Big Data, data visualization, and NLP technologies, the Product Platform team works at the intersection of engineering and data science to enhance our services and deliver actionable insights.About the RoleThe Hadoop Platform team aims to build the next generation of intelligent data services that will have a profound impact on how we march towards the vision of Uber's data-driven, real-time marketplace. Our team builds libraries and distributed services around Hadoop stack (Hive, Presto, HDFS, Kafka) to ease user interaction with Big Data world, and we share them with the open-source community (e.g. Hudi or Marmaray ). We are currently looking for a strong hands-on engineer to join the Data Lake Storage team to build the next generation of Data Lakes.What You'll Do
- Design and implement libraries and distributed services to support Uber's analytical data infrastructure
- Work on cutting edge technologies to help build the storage abstraction for Uber's large transactional data lake
- Contribute to open source technologies such as Apache Hudi, Parquet
- Understand software components from multiple partner teams, lead the integration of those components and drive their continued development
- Mentor and support your fellow teammates and help review the team's technical design, code and documentation
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: performance, scaling, observability, and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability working in large-scale distributed systems, databases
- Strong problem solving and coding skills
- Experience with developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools
- Experience with Software Development processes such as design, planning, implementation, maintenance & documentation
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Passion for learning new technologies, domains, and challenging the status quo.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related subject area.
- Expertise in one of the languages such as Java/C/Python
- Sound knowledge or experience with database concepts such as transactions, indexing, concurrency, query processing
- Understanding of big data infrastructure tools and software such as Spark, HDFS, Yarn
- Familiarly with different types of data file formats such as Parquet, Avro.
Sr Software Engineer, Data Lake Storage