Job#: 1253130 Job Description: Apex Systems is hiring NOW in Monrovia for multiple Lab Technicians! For immediate consideration please send your most up to date resume to Krystyna at or Megan at !Title: Lab TechOpenings: 4Pay: $19/hrLength: 6 months, contract to hire Location: Monrovia, CAShift: 2nd shift, 1-10PM, Tues-SatJob Description: Responsible for assisting with sample receiving and bottle kit preparation tasks.Duties include:
- Performs administrative and technical responsibilities
- Receive samples, unpack coolers, label containers Scan shipping documentation, and perform sample login
- Assist Analytical Services Managers with Sample Group set up, Bottle Orders, and login review
- Produce bottle kits, add preservatives to containers, and perform Shipping and Receiving duties.
- Communicates with Clients Services on bottle kits and other project related deliverables
- Organizing walk-in refrigerators and sample disposal queue
- Clean equipment, such as glassware, coolers, sinks, tables, samplers using solvents, water and detergents or acids according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Performs sample disposal, waste accumulation and other related waste disposal duties
- Manages subcontracted work to outside labs
- As assigned take warehouse inventory, assist in receiving, stock and rotate inventory and refill workspace stock
- Performs sample disposal, waste accumulation and other related waste disposal duties.
- Performs routine, non-technical duties throughout the laboratory
- High School Diploma is required along with 1 year administrative or similar experience in an office or laboratory environment.
- Must have a neat, clean appearance and a customer-friendly personality
- Requires judgment or initiative in resolving issues and making recommendations
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills
- Requires attention to details and good documentation skills
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to speak, read and write English fluently and have the ability to follow complex instructions
- Must have computer (Word, Excel) and office related skills
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds
- Must be willing to work weekends and overtime as needed