CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36 countries employing over 24,000 people and net sales of $8.3 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals.
Crown’s Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division.
Crown Cork & Seal’s North American Beverage Packaging Division has openings for Machine Operators at our manufacturing facility located in Worland, WY. This facility manufactures aluminum cans for the beverage industry.
Great pay, plus excellent retirement benefits including pension. Other benefits include vacation/holiday pay, company-paid health/life insurance and tuition reimbursement.
This position will be responsible for the operation of the various pieces of equipment on production lines at the plant. Other responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensures all equipment, guards, and safety devices are in place at all times, and follows safe work procedures and safety rules
- Responsible for the tending of one or more automated production machines or equipment that perform one or more functions in the making of aluminum cans.
- Maintains and observes operation of machines and equipment to insure the production of high quality cans. Inspects cans according to customer specifications.
- Basic machine maintenance: lubricates and cleans parts; replenishes oils, chemicals, fluids, or other supplies according to the requirements of each machine or equipment; repairing minor oil leaks, tighten loose screws, nuts, and bolts.
- Cleaning assigned processing equipment
- Picking up/moving materials and machine parts
- Assist with machine operation for break relief, sorting cans for visual defects, and other duties as assigned
- May assist or help in mechanical repairs and more technical maintenance under supervision
- May operate forklift for materials handling.
- May include loading/unloading trucks or rail cars, warehousing, and staging materials.
- Responsible for the housekeeping and cleanup of the areas of responsibility such as wiping clean machines, picking up cans, emptying spoilage containers, mopping, painting, emptying trash cans, etc.
- Responsible for the required paperwork of assigned area or machine(s), examples: Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts, logbook entries, or bills of lading, inventory sheets, warehouse tags, etc
- Other duties as assigned by the team or management.
- Must be safety oriented and dedicated to fully complying with all OSHA safety rules and regulations
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or GED required. A two-year technical degree in mechanical/electrical area is a plus!
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must be able to stand for long periods and withstand extreme climate changes especially during summer and winter months.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, good record keeping and precision abilities is highly desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibility to adjust to sudden work patterns or schedules.
- Ability to work independently and with teams and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts including days, evenings, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Must be committed to quality.
- Must be mechanically inclined and demonstrate the ability to follow directions.
- Experience in manufacturing or previous forklift operating experience preferred but not required.
Possible Military Job Titles equivalent: Aircraft Mechanic; Automotive Mechanic; Construction Electrician; Heavy Equipment Mechanic; Diver; Electrical Products Repairer; Machinist; Marine Engine Mechanic; Non-Destructive Tester; Parachute Rigger; Power Plant Electrician; Power Plant Operator; Powerhouse Mechanic; Precision Instrument and Equipment Repairer; Ship Electrician; Survival Equipment Specialist; Utilities man; Weapons Maintenance Technician; Welder; Metal Worker
0 - 10%