SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Department Name:Patient Accounting-Hosp
Job Category:Revenue Cycle
At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people’s lives.
Our Patient Access Services team members are the first faces our patients see when entering our facility and leading the team to ensure our staff provide excellent care is a top priority! If you enjoy collaborating with others to help bring innovative and exciting change to the organization, this job is for you!
As the Patient Access Services Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the Patient Access Services team at Community Hospital Torringnton. In this role, you will provide leadership support to the facility and promote excellence in the registration and centralized scheduling functions. In this full-time role, you'll work Monday - Friday in a day shift position. Join Banner Health in this exciting management opportunity and apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.Community Hospital in Torrington, Wyo. is a 25-bed critical access hospital. We take pride in providing thoughtful medical care to residents in southeast Wyoming and bordering Nebraska communities, and we live our commitment to these communities in many ways. In fact, with the recent completion of an extensive expansion and remodel initiative, we are at an exciting and pivotal point in our development. We offer an innovative environment that includes digital mammography, a state-of-the-art emergency department, electronic medical records and a computerized OB system designed to reduce the chances of complications during labor and delivery. In addition, our location in close proximity to the Black Hills, Rocky Mountains and Denver offers a wide variety of lifestyle advantages, including small town charm and limitless recreational activities.
This position is responsible for the management and daily operation of designated registration areas. Through the effective management of the patient financial services staff, provides high quality services in patient registration, notification to third party payors, insurance verification, up-front collection, financial counseling and cashiering. Provides service excellence at each stage of the registration process, to patients, their families and medical service providers.
1. Under direction of PAS Sr Director and/or PAS Director, provides mentoring and clear developmental opportunities to staff. Able to demonstrate the ability to have a solid succession plan in place.
2. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the Patient Financial Services staff. Develops goals and performance expectations for staff.
3. Provides information on patient registration and scheduling to all concerned departments. Maintains ongoing positive communications with patients, staff, physicians and other third parties to provide information or resolve issues.
4. Maximizes cash flow by maintaining and monitoring the protocols and activities associated with the financial management of the patient account, including point of service cash and timely authorizations.
5. Develops, maintains and adheres to the annual departmental budget. Prepares departmental schedule to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times while remaining within budget guidelines.
6. Provides effective leadership and education to staff in order to meet designated accuracy, compliance and productivity goals using available statistical standards. Provides appropriate training and developmental opportunities to staff in order to meet all established goals and to minimize registration initiated initial denials.
7. Proactively engages in process improvement. Identifies needs, updates and improves work processes and methods. Provides opportunities for strategic departmental improvements and communicates suggestions appropriately.
8. Ensures new hires are properly onboarded. This includes successful training/precepting and auditing new hire work at 100% until new hire is consistently meeting performance standards. Auditing can be delegated as a mentoring opportunity, but responsibility of successful onboarding belongs to leader. Ensures there all staff have clear expectations (including BSS). Ensures there is accountability to expectations that are set including counseling/disciplinary action and termination of assigned staff (including BSS).
9. Works independently under general supervision. Manages structured processes and makes independent decisions within defined parameters. Participates in various facility and system-wide process improvement teams. The internal customers include hospital-based physicians and all hospital departments. The external customers include patients, physicians, general public, third party payors and vendors. Has management responsibility for the department 24/7. This position has responsibility for multiple fast paced, high volume departments which include multiple functions within a single facility.
Must possess a strong knowledge of healthcare business operations as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field.
Two or more years of supervisory experience coupled with extensive hospital registration experience and demonstrated leadership skills. Requires advanced mathematical skills. Must have a thorough knowledge of managed care contracts, other third-party payors, AHCCCS if applicable, and Medicare, along with knowledge of medical terminology. Requires the ability to make independent, on the spot decisions, to resolve problems as they arise and to anticipate and prevent future problems. Requires the ability to manage both supervisory and customer service staff multiple staff members and multiple levels of staff members having different supervisory responsibilities, the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and to effectively use common office software. Must have effective human relations and interpersonal skills.
CHAM certification preferred. Strong abilities in patient financial services database use and reporting.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.