SourceSheridan Memorial Hospital
ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of the delivery of safe and effective patient-centered care in a variety of settings based on education, knowledge, skill set, and competency. The Registered Nurse communicates with physicians/Managers/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in the departments with adequate supervision. Participates in performance improvement activities.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to triage patients accurately.
- Able to provide trauma nursing care to patients including primary and secondary assessment, identification of problems based on assessment data, identification of nursing care priorities, implementation of interventions, and evaluation of interventions.
- Functions competently during cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring. Correctly identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based upon ACLS protocol.
- Able to provide basic airway management utilizing oral and nasal airways, ambu bag, jaw thrust or head tilt/chin lift maneuvers, and suctioning.
- Knowledge of EMTALA federal requirements and how they pertain to the Emergency Department.
- Able to function independently by using critical thinking skills to assess and intervene in critical situations.
- Assists with orientation of new employees to the ED.
- Current unrestricted Wyoming Registered Nurse Licensure.
- BLS certification, required.
- Preferred baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Current ACLS certification, required.
- ENPC or PALS certification, required.
- TNCC certification within one year of hire date, required.
- Experience interpreting cardiac rhythms preferred.
- Experience with titratable medications preferred.
- Willing to work various shifts including 7am-7pm, 10am -10pm, and 7pm - 7am, as staffing needs require.
- One weekend of call per month.
- Previous critical care experience preferred.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.
Welch Cancer Center Registered Nurse
Clinic Registered Nurse
Emergency Department Registered Nurse