SourceSheridan Memorial Hospital
ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Serves as team leader of assigned function while also performing the duties of an Environmental Service Lead. The Environmental Services Lead serves as a part of the patient care and support teams. Primary responsibilities include assuring facility is maintained and daily workload is completed by coordinating, assisting with and monitoring the work of assigned staff and overseeing quality assurance activities.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIESLead Responsibilities:
- Assist with implementing, evaluating and monitoring of assigned projects; reports barriers to deadline achievement or quality standards to manager.
- Assist in coordinating train-the-trainer of all equipment, chemicals and facility policies/procedures annually and training forms documented once complete.
- Provide regularly scheduled training in-services to departmental personnel and maintain records of orientation and in-service training programs.
- Participate in facility customer service, performance improvement and infection control programs.
- Assists in coordinating the work schedules of the department to ensure areas are staffed, as needed.
- Monitor all supplies/equipment used in the daily operations of the department, on a regular basis.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work, meetings and trainings, as assigned by manager.
- Conducts general training and retraining for new employees in floor care, wall washing, carpet cleaning, and special procedures.
- Assist with developing standard department work aids, such as cleaning and procedure checklists.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects.
- May assist in work audits.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Assists with conducting daily, weekly and monthly cleaning inspections of assigned areas, quality assurance inspections in hospital, patient rooms and all common areas to ensure work is up to standard and act promptly when needed.
- Inspect patient rooms on a standard basis to ensure cleanliness and excellent show appearance. Any items or conditions that need improvement must be communicated to the supervisor.
- Chemical/supply/equipment inventories conducted monthly, order needed items within maintained budget.
- Cleans patient rooms and other assigned areas daily, including collecting and removing trash, changing bed linens and sanitizing all surfaces.
- Follows policies and procedures on patient isolation.
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in patient rooms as necessary or designated.
- Maintains cart and equipment in clean, working condition and stores in appropriate storage area when finished with shift.
- Coordinate and assist with room transfers in health care areas.
- Coordinate spring cleaning projects.
- Assist with conducting regular equipment inspections to determine repair, maintenance needs and cleanliness/safety of equipment, as assigned.
- May assist in evaluating new housekeeping supplies and equipment needs.
- Assist with conduct the department inventory of housekeeping supplies on a monthly basis.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- A minimum of one year experience in Environmental Services preferred with strong customer service skills.
- Healthcare Environmental Services Technician (CHEST) Train-the-Trainer Program Certification, within 6 months of position start date.
- Basic computer knowledge on MS word, MS excel and MS Outlook, with the ability to effectively read and respond to emails.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others in coordinating multiple tasks.
- Some leadership or experience providing work direction helpful.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function well under stressful situations.
- Effective interviewing skills.
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Writing skills and ability to communicate information effectively.
- Organization skills and ability or prioritize.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and resolve conflicts among assigned staff.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.