SourceOcean Foreign Exchange
2101 E. Broadway Road, Suite 6 Tempe, AZ 85282-1735
Toll-Free: 1-888-996-2326 Ph: (480) 907-7285 Fax: (480) 907-7526
Job Position: Area Representative for Exchange Students and Host Families
OCEAN (Organization for Cultural Exchange Among Nations) is a non-profit organization which sponsors international exchange students, ages 15 - 18, and places them in volunteer host families and high schools throughout the U.S. for a semester or academic year. The purpose of our program is to promote international understanding, cultural awareness and academic excellence. OCEAN has been designated by the U.S. Department of State, and on the basis of materials submitted and reviewed, the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET) has granted full listing to
OCEAN. We are seeking to hire motivated area representatives that can place at least two students for the 2022/2023 school year. This is a perfect part time job if you are a teacher, retired person, a stay-at-home parent, community organizer, or if you have experience working with families, children and/or teenagers. If you love to learn about other cultures, this is a great opportunity for you to be involved and help make a difference at the same time.
Area Representative Key Duties:
- Recruit and screen potential volunteer host families within 120 miles from area representative’s residency.
- Complete placement paper work.
- Acquire vacancies at the local high school for exchange students.
- Become familiar with the U.S. Department of State Rules and Regulations and take the training module online.
- Supervise the student/host family during the program and be of a support if any problems occur.
- Complete evaluation reports online each month.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be reliable and professional.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must be motivated to reach goals.
- Must have access to a computer/internet
- Experience working with volunteers preferred, but not required.
- If you are active on social medial, it is a plus!
- Experienced area representatives earn a total of $1,175 per academic year student that he/she places in the community.
- $75.00 is paid per student orientation delivered by the area representative.
Benefits gained by working with OCEAN:
- The ability to work from home about 90% of the time.
- The ability to earn extra income.
- You will gain knowledge and exposure of other cultures.
- You will receive on-going support from OCEAN’s staff.
- You will be certified through the U.S. Department of State.
- You will receive training from OCEAN.
- Working with exchange students gives you the ability to make a difference in their lives.
Are you interested in the position? If so, please complete the area representative application forms online. Here is the link: https://www.ocean-intl.org/become-an-area-representative''Work Location:
- Fully Remote
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $1,000.00 - $15,000.00 per year
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations