SalaryUSD $23.04 an hour 23.04 an hour
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: Under general direction, serves and patrols an assigned beat and
investigates incidents in the enforcement of law and order in the protection of life and property.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE:
Performs patrol duties including:
- Operates an automobile in patrolling an assigned area for the prevention of crime and the enforcement of traffic laws and regulations, makes building checks;
- Responds to radio and telephone dispatches and appears at scenes of disorder or crime;
- Makes arrests; issues citations; collects bonds; appears in court as arresting officer;
- Inspects establishments providing alcoholic beverages and entertainment;
- Intervenes in private or public disputes to protect the public and maintain order;
- Trains in a variety of law enforcement work and related subjects;
- Assists with prisoner transport, assists jail personnel, peace officers, serves protection orders and criminal
- Notes and reports traffic hazards; assists in controlling traffic at scenes of emergencies;
- Investigates and prepares reports on accidents, offenses and damage to property;
- Directs traffic; gives directions and information; gives verbal warnings;
- Issues citations for parking and moving violations;
- Assists with medical calls and special events security;
- Assists stranded motorist;
- Investigates crimes and incidents including livestock investigation and animal control;
- Performs initial and follow-up investigations of crimes involving arson, adults and juveniles; interrogates
persons whose actions are suspicious;
- Investigates complaints; impounds and tags evidence; prepares reports on arrests and property impounded; assists with missing person searchers;
- May serve on tactical response team;
Public Contact Work Duties:
- Speaks before school and civic groups as required;
- Delivers death and other emergency messages;
- Civil process duties including serving warrants and subpoenas and jury summons;
- Assumes role of watch commander when required.
Other Duties: Assists fire department and other law enforcement agencies as required; keeps vehicle clean; performs special assignments and other duties as assigned.
Please review the attached Job Description for a more replete list of functions.