SalaryUSD TBD TBD
At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
Position PurposeThe Senior Designer is responsible to be a technical leader in the delivery of projects or project components that are more complex in nature. Position will lead in elements of design and construction for a variety of Telecom project deliverables that align with an exceptional client experience and KLJ engineering standards.
- Serve as a technical resource to Telecom project teams by applying engineering principles and to complete designs, lead and direct design tasks under the direction of a Professional Engineer.
- Development of construction and bid documents in accordance with organization and client processes.
- Responsible for construction administration process and directing onsite construction observation.
- Ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards.
- Complete design, plans, specifications, reports, maps, schedules, estimates, data collection, and documents and agreements as needed.
- Use GIS/3GIS, CAD and Mapcom software and equipment to prepare and revise technical drawings using company established standard procedures.
- Provide quality control by reviewing completed work to ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards.
- Communicate consistently with the project manager, client and contractor.
- Read and interpret construction plans to assist with client management and effectively communicate to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public.
- Serve as project or task manager for large scale projects with minimal support.
- Quality assurance and quality control review to ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards.
- Effectively communicate internally and externally to project teams, customers, and the public.
- Position will be responsible to prepare and lead public, customer, and/project team meetings.
- Lead and direct scope, fee, and schedule development.
- Increase design competency in software(s) associated with typical project requirements.
- Effectively convey engineering analysis and results in written reports and documentation.
- Lead construction administration duties such as documenting activities and providing oversight.
- Being familiar with, and competent in the details of putting together a set of plans.
- Perform construction administration duties such as documenting activities, providing general oversight, and interacting with contractors, sub-contractors, residents and others.
- Assist with preparation for public/client meetings.
- Creating the plans and specifications, maps, and related material for each project and be able to utilize the information appropriately.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in applicable program; applicable experience can be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, 3GIS, Mapcom, MicroStation or other design software.
- Must possess basic MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to operate motorized vehicles
- In-depth knowledge of Outside Plant (OSP) telephone industry standards, local telecom practices and procedures, local city state and governmental rules and regulations
- Basic knowledge of Inside Plant (ISP) telephone industry standards, local telecom practices and procedures
- Experience with OSP database applications
Hours and TravelThis position requires the individual work 40 or more hours per week. The percentage of time spent in the field and office will vary.
Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- Be able to walk on uneven terrain up to three miles per day
- Frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US, without employer-sponsorship. KLJ does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas and does not participate in any OPT training program.
KLJ will not be partnering with third-party recruiters on this position. Please review our third-party recruiting policy at www.kljeng.com/careers.
Job Posting Close Date: 08/15/2020 or until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
- Multiple locations
Company's Facebook page: