SourceWest Park Hospital
JOB TITLE: Registered Respiratory Therapist
REPORTS TO: Cardiopulmonary Director
JOB SUMMARY: As a Respiratory Therapist, you need to know how to:
- Work collaboratively with the Respiratory Therapy director, supervisor and lead staff, who oversee and coordinate patient care provided by the Respiratory Therapy department.
- Be accountable for carrying out all respiratory care ordered by physicians according to approved policies, procedures and guidelines, and will keeps abreast of any changes by attending department staff meetings.
- Operate, maintain, and monitor a wide variety of equipment including ventilators and those that are involved in the administration of prescribed gases and inhaled medication.
- Perform arterial punctures, and operate ABG instruments for blood gas analysis.
- Act as a clinical resource to nursing staff by assisting with decision-making, assessment, treatment and documentation of respiratory care
- Review patient’s chart and obtains history for pertinent information before each therapy or procedure.
- Perform accurate patient assessment and orders appropriate therapies based on the Respiratory Therapy Evaluation and Treatment protocol.
- Document patient assessments, care plans, therapies, procedures, medications, equipment setup and supply charges, time outs for procedures and critical values.
- Ensure physician‘s orders are in EMR and that verbal orders are written per hospital policy
The Respiratory Therapy staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit’s/area’s/department’s policies and procedures.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy Therapist program. Prefer Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
EXPERIENCE: Prefer one or more year’s clinical experience in a hospital setting.
SKILLS: Good inter-personal skills are necessary,
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS: BLS certification upon hire. Ability to obtain ACLS, PALS and NRP certifications required within six (6) months of hire. Current Wyoming licensure as Respiratory Care Practitioner, required.
Medical/Prescription, Dental & Vision plans
Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
Deferred Compensation Retirement Plan with Employer Match
Paid Time Off and Extended Illness Bank
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Supplemental Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Savings Plan
WHY CODY REGIONAL HEALTH?
Cody Regional Health’s focus is on putting the patient first. Located in beautiful Cody, WY, our hospital serves as a primary, full-service medical center to communities throughout the Big Horn Basin. Our 25-bed, acute-care facility is state-of the-art. We also have an adjacent Long Term Care Center licensed for 94 beds and a 20-bed chemical dependency center. Cody Regional Health has adopted the Planetree Philosophy as a model of health care. The Planetree model strives to enhance patient comfort by personalizing, humanizing and demystifying the health care experience.
We want to exceed our patients’ expectations. Providing personalized health care to our patients and their families is the first step toward reaching that goal.
Cody's newly-renovated, critical access hospital encompasses a 50,000 person service area and is in a scenic rocky mountain city of 10,000 people in Northwestern Wyoming. Situated near Yellowstone National Park, our growing city has a mild, four seasons climate and offers direct airport service. Surround yourself with some of the best outdoor adventure found in the Rocky Mountain Region. Activities include fly fishing, big game hunting, hiking, white water rafting, rock climbing and world class ice climbing featuring the highest concentration of natural waterfalls in the lower 48 states. There is no state income tax in Wyoming, and the real estate properties and educational systems are excellent.