Salary$90000.00 - $140000 per annum
Our team has an immediate opening for a Machining Fabrication Manager. The Fabrication Manager is responsible for working with the Operations Manager to manage all activities on the shop floor related to production and quality control and ensure delivery schedules are met while controlling labor costs. The Fabrication Manager monitors production output on a daily basis to make sure production standards are met, contributes to maintenance of production equipment, and is responsible for employee discipline and day-to-day operations.Duties:
- Fabrication Manager provides leadership, guidance, and training in all fabrication areas. This includes, but is not limited to, equipment, software, and company policies and procedures.
- Experienced with or able to manage in a UAW environment.
- Very technical role, must be comfortable being hands on.
- Be able to foster and create a winning environment that follows processes as a habit.
- Be able to come in and make change in a "turn around environment"
- Coordinates with Customer Service and Warehouse on a daily basis to ensure the highest level of customer service and on-time delivery are maintained.
- Assures that the highest standards are maintained for safety, housekeeping, and compliance with all government and company standards.
- Fabrication Manager leads continuous improvement projects as assigned by manager.
- Works with the manager to troubleshoot all fabrication issues to find the cause, help resolve the issue, and prevent reoccurrence.
- Conducts standard metrics reporting as assigned by manager.
- Manages resources and consumables.
- Provides coverage of additional assigned responsibilities in manager's absence.
- Handles additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the manager.
- Supervises assigned employees, including assessing and planning for overtime needs.
- Assures that the highest standards are maintained for safety, housekeeping, and compliance with all company and government standards, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Reports all safety, product, machine maintenance, and manpower issues and needs to Operations Manager in a timely manner, and provides resolutions.
- Monitor daily machine maintenance and perform basic equipment set-up functions.
- Monitor production schedule and resolve potential problems.
- Performs quality control operations, and report results of quality audits to Operations Manager.
- Represent facility in any regional and/or national quality initiatives.
- Fabrication Manager performs a variety of fabrication tasks as required by production needs, including operating powered and manual material handling equipment, loading and unloading pipe, and operating powered and/or manual banding equipment as needed to ready pipe bundles for shipment.
- Minimum 10-15 years in a supervisory role, pref
- 4-yr degree in related field or 2-yr degree with equivalent experience preferred.
- Very Technical in nature