SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceReinhart Boerner Van Deuren SC
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c. is a full-service business-oriented law firm headquartered in Milwaukee, WI with offices in Chicago, Rockford, Denver, Phoenix, Milwaukee, Madison and Waukesha with a national and international client base.
We are currently seeking an experienced Marketing/PR Writer who will develop strategic content effective for promotion and public relations on the firm's website, in firm-generated e-communications and via external media channels. Additionally, this position will be responsible for generating positive press coverage and managing media relations. The Marketing/PR Writer will also write copy for firm advertising and collateral materials. We offer our employees a collaborative working environment that is dedicated to producing superior results. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and benefits and the resources they need to be successful and enhance their professional growth.
The Marketing/PR Writer will handle the following responsibilities for multiple practice areas and firm-wide projects:
- Develop written content across a range of traditional, digital and social media.
- Leverage strategic content to increase website traffic and engagement.
- Manage relationships with business and trade media, keeping abreast of high-level legal and target industry conversations, crafting creative pitch ideas and maintaining editorial calendar opportunities.
- Formulate strategic PR plans for specific practice areas and targeted audiences.
- Write compelling copy for firm advertising, collateral materials and internal communications.
- Manage and take ownership of all projects assigned, executing successfully to completion.
- Actively participate in brainstorming & ideation sessions.
Desirable Candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a marketing communications/PR role - ad/PR agency and/or large law firm experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in a professional services, business to business marketing communications/PR setting.
- Experience with digital platforms and web-based content distribution.
- Successful experience working with local, regional, and national and online media professionals and influencers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, project management, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of blogging, social media and brand journalism and how to use digital tactics to directly influence target audience.
- Experience pitching to media.
- Ability to grasp and integrate information about a broad range of practice areas and target audiences.
- Comfort interacting and working with attorneys and senior leadership
- Proven desire and ability to think creatively in coordinating public relations efforts.
- Excellent computer skills including Word and Excel and internet research.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and perform duties and responsibilities in a collaborative manner.
- Photography and/or video skills a plus.
We measure our success by the contributions we make to each client's success. If you can demonstrate the skills and commitment required for this position, we invite you to discover the Reinhart Advantage.
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren (the Firm) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, ancestry, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, honesty testing, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, arrest or conviction record, use or nonuse of lawful products off the Firm's premises during nonworking hours or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Firm. Please inform Human Resources if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.