Working for Douglas Dynamics is more than just a job - it's a fulfilling and rewarding career at a company that has been voted one of the "Top Workplaces" in southeastern Wisconsin for ten straight years.
JOB SUMMARY: Develops strategy and manages the advertising activities for Douglas Dynamics’ Commercial Snow and Ice Control brands. The Advertising Manager will collaborate with key internal stakeholders to evaluate and establish project objectives, budgets and deliverables; often acting as the go-between for the company and outside agencies to get the work completed. The Advertising Manager ensures projects and campaigns meet the expectations of our internal and external customers, properly represent the brand, and achieve the desired results.
To be a successful Advertising Manager at Douglas Dynamics, you should be focused on raising awareness and building interest in our commercial snow and ice control products. You should be a detail-oriented, creative, and collaborative problem solver with outstanding communication and project management skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy and Planning
- Lead the development of coordinated brand strategies for the commercial snow and ice control brands and the accompanying advertising campaigns that support those strategies
- Develop and manage advertising budgets for the commercial snow and ice control brands
- Collaborate with product marketing, sales, and project leadership teams to develop ongoing advertising strategies that support new products, and ensure objectives are being met across various mediums
- Plan and/or assist in the development of promotional and advertising strategies that utilize multiple marketing channels such as digital, email, print, video, TV/radio spots, mailers, POP materials
- Manage the selection of media to advertise in, including print, social media, digital, radio and television for all commercial snow and ice control brands.
- Plan, direct and oversee the photo and video shoots for new and existing products
- Plan and develop the full line brochures for the snow and ice control equipment brands
- Manage all aspects of trade show participation including booth selection; layout, exhibits, setup and tear down
- Evaluate and provide feedback on images and advertising copy on the brand websites or in promotional campaigns and literature
- Manage annual PR programs and various association sponsorships
- Oversee Advertising Programs such as the Dealer Co-Op programs and branded merchandise
Insights & Analytics
- Provide insights across marketing and sales to drive analytically based decision making
- Develop new ways to navigate market shifts and competitive challenges
Customer Experience & Marketing Innovation
- Drive digital transformation in an evolving landscape including communications and efforts across social media, web platforms and digital innovation
- Identify up-and-coming trends, competitive intel and pressures facing customers
- Drive customer experience strategies, customer-focused innovation and advocate for “customer first” marketing
- Direct and oversee the activities of the advertising team
- Develop and support the advertising teams skill development
- Direct the activities of outside agencies
- Ensure process excellence and standards of work documentation for efficient and effective advertising operations
Additional Responsibilities to include:
- Follow Company safety rules; maintain safe work area and equipment; Office 5S
- Promptly report or resolve any unsafe condition
- Follow Company policies and procedures regarding work and conduct
- Participate when feasible with teams formed to create continuous improvement efforts in systems and procedures
- Keep work area clean and orderly
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education: BA in Communications, Marketing, or Business Administration. MBA desirable.
Experience: 5-10 years traditional multi-functional marketing, brand segment marketing management experience. Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience for at least 3+ direct reports. Agency experience required. Experience working on multiple brands within one organization preferred.
Communication Skills: Advanced presentation, writing, reporting, and communication skills; Team-oriented; Able to work within a fast-paced matrix organization; Diversity skills to communicate with numerous outside agencies, publications and associations; Demonstrated project management experience within cross-functional teams.
Technical Skills: Technical ability to work closely with Product Marketing, Sales, and Engineering to effectively communicate product features, advantages and benefits to prospective customers.
Computer Skills: Strong information technology and computer skills. E-commerce and app development experience preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Data-driven and structured mindset. Business sense and emotional commitment to defend the best interests of the products and brands involved. Internet skills and understanding a must.
Reasoning Ability: Strong general business and strategic skills. Financial skills to assess and to drive profitability. Demonstrated ability to think creatively, along with ability to develop and implement strategies.
Physical Demands: Generally relatively light, but extensive travel required and extreme weather conditions could exist during photo shoots, dealer events, trade shows, and VO- related activities.
Work Environment: Office, but extreme weather conditions could exist during photo shoots, dealer events, trade shows, and VO- related activities.