SalaryUSD Depends on Experience Depends on Experience
Data Architect / Data and Analytics Engineer#JP – BD02 Location: MILWAUKEE or MADISON, WI (remote during COVID)Duration: 6 months Contract to Hire or PERMANENT What we look for:
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in Data Solution delivery in a complex environment working collaboratively in a team setting
- Proficient in some of the following tools:
- Business Intelligence tools: Microsoft tools (SQL Server Management Studio, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Power Pivot, Power Query, PowerBI), Alteryx
- Database: SQL Server
- Data Query tools: SQL, T-SQL
- Data Modeling: ER/Studio Data Architect, 3NF and dimensional modeling
- Data Integration tools: SSIS
- Conversant in the following concepts:
- Data Warehousing concepts: Inmon, Kimball, Data Lake
- Data Integration concepts and strategies: EII, ETL, EL-T, SOA, and EAI
- Reference Data Management
- Data Management and Quality: data mapping, data profiling, metadata repository, relational data modeling, master data management
- Play a contributing role in building our data and analytics practice.
- Demonstrate competence, experience, knowledge, and understanding of data management concepts, data warehousing, data integration, BI, and analytics.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize the immediate project context as well as the overall vision.
- Demonstrate ability to perform abstract thinking by being able to identify higher level patterns in multiple detailed scenarios.
- Skilled in data modeling, both 3NF and dimensional, with experience in conceptual, logical, physical, and industry data modeling. Strong knowledge and experience with data architecture methodologies.
- Apply the appropriate level of modeling theory, pattern recognition, and abstractions to design a pragmatic solution that functionally meets requirements.
- Partner with internal business units to define information requirements and translate them into appropriate data solutions
- Performs data analysis and data profiling to gain a solid understanding of the business data to collaborate effectively with the business users, business analysts, and data owners.
- Develop and validate source to target mappings and transformation logic.
- Understand the importance of capturing data lineage.
- Take appropriate steps to ensure sensitive data is protected and secure.
- Work with the business users to conduct data discovery engagements.
- Design and prototype a solution that brings together multiple data sources into one coherent concept and understanding. (data blending)
- Engage in continuous learning of our business functional areas to more effectively partner with our business SMEs
- Identify and communicate project risks and impediments and proactively work with other members of the team to complete high-value deliverables as identified by business partners and team leadership
- Partner with project team members to translate business and functional requirements into technical designs
- Partner with the business stakeholders to develop sound information usage, access, management, and understanding.
- Contribute to the direction of data development, platforms, versions, and toolsets
- Provide awareness to IT and business team members of data management practices.
- Knows when to give and take and can clearly communicate the “why” of a specific decision or approach.
- Develop best practices and communicate to teams with a focus on empowering others to implement quality value-add solutions.
- Seek out and apply new technologies and skills in daily work through conferences, online training, reading, participation in organizations and user groups, etc.
- Information technology is a core part of the company’s business strategy and plays a critical role in the growth and transformation of the firm
- Ability to build solid data integration solutions that feed mission-critical business processes and decisions
- Ability to work a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to be flexible and high adaptable
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
- Flexible work arrangements available
- Profit sharing
- Pretax, Roth and voluntary 401(k) after-tax contributions and above-average retirement benefit with the combination of a 401(k) firm match and firm profit-sharing
- High bonus - believed to be in the 20-25% bonus range.
- Health and Dental insurance
- Free basic term life and disability insurance
- FSA and HSA
- Tuition and designation/certification reimbursement available for all regular associates
- Nine paid holidays and 18 Paid Time Off days (pro-rated for the first year)
- Free identity, financial and privacy-protection coverage for associates and their family members
- Rate discount upon refinancing federal and/or private student loans.
- And more