Posting DetailsWe have an outstanding opportunity for a Telecom Engineer II to join our team in Madison, WI! In this position you will be designing, testing, and deploying modern telecommunications & network technology to support "smart" grid initiatives, grid modernization, private clouds, long-haul fiber networks, two-way radio systems, private microwave, and cellular IoT with a solid focus on routing and switching. You must have good communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks are vital.This position is expected to travel up to 20% of time.This position may be filled at a higher level depending upon candidate qualifications.Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position Job Responsibilities
- Help design, deploy, and support networks involving IPsec VPNs, BGP/MPLS VPNs, and a wide variety of equipment.
- Assist in the administration of network systems, including microwave, fiber optics, leased circuits, packet radio, spread spectrum and other carrier and wireless technologies.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance and documentation of telecommunications sites.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documents and records of network systems.
- Help prepare requisitions, purchase orders, and other telecommunication requests.
- Assist ensuring compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Provides assistance to customers in the preparation of telecommunication requests to ensure that all appropriate technical requirements are identified. Assists in the scheduling of telecommunication resources.
- Respond to employee questions, help solve, and make recommendations concerning telecommunications services.
- 2 years of related experience - preferably in preferably in telecommunications, data networks, or information technology.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering program that is accredited through the Engineering Accreditation Commission
- 7 + years of experience in telecommunications, data networks, or information technology.
- Bachelor's degree inan Engineering program that is accredited through the Engineering Accreditation Commission(electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science)
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6, and common network protocols
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time or as needed.
- Experience with DWDM, TDM/SONET/OTN, Carrier Ethernet, Datacenter/SDN/Cloud optical
- Working knowledge of information technology networking preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable working in a Unix server environment
- Python scripting and automation
Data Engineer (Informatica/Snowflake Cloud)
IT Server/System Engineer
Senior Backend Java Engineer / JVM
Cloud & DevOps Solutions Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
.Net Software Engineer