Quality & Engineering Director (AIS division of MSC)Wisconsin, Franksville, 53126 Franksville USA
AIS is a leading production fastener company in the Midwest, providing MSC a solid growth platform for expansion in the OEM fasteners market and complements our fastener and VMI solutions, as well as our core metalworking and MRO business. Come join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.Requisition ID :11669Employment Type :Full TimeJob Category :Supply Chain OperationsQualified candidate must live in or near any of the following location: Franksville, Wisconsin, Maple Grove, Minnesota, or Grand Rapids, MichiganBRIEF POSITION SUMMARY: The position of Director of Quality and Engineering is responsible for the organizations Quality Management System and the Engineering and Technical Services to support Sales and Operations for all of AIS. This position will require a comprehensive Quality and Engineering acumen, and the ability to develop, implement and manage the quality and technical support necessary to achieve customer satisfaction. This position also requires analysis and leadership of all organizational processes related to operations, sourcing, procurement, sales, VA/VE, and the ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas to meet or exceed our customers' expectations. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be Curious, Be Open Minded: A lifelong learner who ask when something doesn't "make sense" and are willing to explore alternatives. Open to active listening, asking great questions, exploring alternatives and able to crystallize a path forward
- Passionate Team Player: Capable of building and executing the plan while thinking of company-wide impact. Bring cross functional resources together to accomplish the task at hand
- Say Do: Driven to success with a willingness to make decisions, explain decisions to stakeholders, and accept responsibility for the decisions made
- Get to Yes: Displays an unwavering commitment to find a way, calling on the ability to adapt and adjust to situational circumstances. The answers are likely not right in front of you
- Customer Focused: Driven and obsessed with a best-in-class customer experience, for both internal and external customers
- Oversee and manage consolidated Quality Management System that ensures compliance to all regulatory and certification requirements throughout all of AIS
- Oversee all internal and external (if required) quality inspection and regulatory compliance operations team members who provide quality inspections, product compliance and ensure regulatory requirements are met
- Develop, execute, and maintain tools as well as techniques required to evaluate the quality of products and services provided to our customers
- Manages the Quality Collaboration and Design system and ensures continued use and processing and close out of all items processed through the programs modules
- Oversees the creation of system procedures and work instructions that make up the AIS Operations Binder. Also responsible for ensuring the integration of policies, forms, and all supporting documentation in support of the organizations operations
- Oversees and manages the technical documentation required for P21 ERP system to ensure consistency, such as part numbers, descriptions, and all other functional area critical information required to process from receipt to issuance of goods and services
- Oversees and manages the engineering sales team who are in support of the sales operations when and where technical/engineering requirements need to be met
- Coordinates the link between the engineering sales and support team with the quality team to ensure a smooth transition and completeness for goods not of the stock standard ilk
- Communicate with main stakeholders all pertinent issues that have arisen due to quality or engineering related product problems
- Ensures that all products (OEM, Discreet & VMI) are of quality and meet all regulatory and compliance requirements of our customers On Time (99.95% OTD)
- Executes smooth and efficient services that meet the expectations and requirements of customers and suppliers.
- Communicate customer issues with the operations team members and devises ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Works with the sales team and customers when a review of VA/VA products, services and/or processes are needed within their organization
- Collaborates with all departments to resource Continual Improvement projects (including Lean Kaizen Events), monitor the progress of Continual Improvement projects in AIS and meets regularly with Champions, Business Owners and Continual Improvement Professionals to stay abreast of all issues
- Develops and maintains relationships with partner companies to continuously incorporate lessons learned and best practices into AIS's quality and technical sales programs
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC's vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
- Bachelor's degree, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum five years of managerial experience required.
- Proven record of operational control and results required.
- Technical drawing and engineering acumen
- Quality systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem identification and solving skills
- Management of personnel
- The ability to recognize and react to changes in operations and technology
- Good persuasive and negotiating skills
- Project Management Skills
- Microsoft Office - Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management
- ERP - Prophet 21
- Logistics Knowledge
- Lean Management
- A valid driver's license and the ability to travel up to 30% of the time required.