SalaryUSD $85,000 - $110,000 per year 85000 - 110000 per year
10,000+ company is growing and looking for a Mechanical Engineer near Charleston, WV. Full Relocation assistance. Aerospace and Transportation divisionThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Max MoalaAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $85,000 - $110,000 per yearA bit about us:One of the most known products facilities in the world. The Mechanical Engineer is in the Coil Process Group within the Aerospace and Transportation Department which provides unique capabilities to a variety of markets. These markets include the Transportation, Military Defense and General Engineering sectorsWhy join us?World-class technology. Global Leader. Innovation. Over 10,000 full-time employees and nearly 30 manufacturing sites in North America, China and Europe. come join us and together we'll take this to the next level. Full Relocation assistancecompetitive Base pay + Annual bonus Unmatched Benefits 401k match up to 6% Medical, dental, vision, etc.Job DetailsRequirements/Preferences (Leadership/Technical Skills)Leadership
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at every level of the organizaiton is critical in both written and oral formats. Particular emphasis is placed on communication with maintenance crafts
- Demonstrate the ability to function in a cross-functional, team oriented environment as a leader or team member
- Ability to manage and supervise craft employees and contractors
- Technical competency requirements will depend on a speficic position, but in general:
- Mechanical Fundamentals (BS in accredited engineering program should suffice)
- 3 - 7 years of experience
- CAD (2D & 3D modeling for mechanical)
- Experience with Gear drives, cranes, levelers, flatteners, bridles, unwind and rewind assemblies
- Experience with fans and belt drives
- Equipment Troubleshooting Skills (specifics depend on position: mechanical vs. electrical)
- Willingness to acquire new technical and leadership skills, and share existing knowledge with colleagues.
- Work with immediate supevisor to identify your individual development and training needs to enhance personal skills, achieve success in your current assignment, prepare for future assignments, etc.
- Keep current with the latest equipment, processes and procedures as they relate to your position and utilize that information to meet department objectives.
- Participate in Corporate RCM activities including: auditing, best practice sharing, benchmarking, etc.
- Provide leadership and technical solutions to improve equipment uptime, capability, reliability and throughput
- Provide technical support to maintenance operations to improve the effectiveness of troubleshooting of equipment and process failures,
- Create effective equipment strategies to enable cost-effective maintenance
- Provide technical ownership of manufacturing equipment and systems
- Provide leadership and technical expertise for Capex projects and yearly outages
- Provide leadership to the organization as the Voice of the Equipment' in matters of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS), standard operating procedures, production capacity, capital asset management, procurement strategies, and product quality.
- Mentor salary and hourly personnel to improve the team's overall understanding of the mechanical systems in the department
- Improve equipment mechanical systems performance and reliability through planned projects, gathering input from operators, crafts and plant floor observations.
- Develop long term solutions and mitigation plans for the most impactful root causes of equipment breakdowns.
- Provide troubleshooting support during equipment breakdowns. At times will include non-standard work hours by phone or on-site.
- Prepare detailed plans utilizing scheduling and project management principles for major equipment outages to meet project deadline and budget.
- Provide technical support for continuous improvement projects as part of a cross-functional team.
- Prepare technical specifications for procurement of new equipment or repair of existing equipment.
- Provides input to a risk management plan in order to anticipate risks that adversely impact operations
- Utilize predictive and condition monitoring techniques to monitor equipment health.
- Provide technical support to maintenance and production operations by participating in troubleshooting and structured problem-solving events to reduce equipment downtime