SalaryUSD TBD TBD
DescriptionJob Description:Come put your software engineering skills into action! The Leidos Defense Group has openings for talented Software Engineers to come work in our state of the art facility in Morgantown, WV.In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.Primary ResponsibilitiesThese are some of the cool things you will be doing:
- All aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as java.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that implements user stories.
- Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- BS degree in Computer Science with 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programing practices and patterns (Java is preferred, applicants will be tested).
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team
- Team player whom can express and explain their ideas to others
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Familiarity with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON)
- Familiarity with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Helm)
- Familiarity with Containerized applications and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Service Bus Technologies (Kafka)
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
Software Engineer Team Lead Health Growth solutions