Salary$14.04 - $15.00 an hour - Part-time
SourceExcelsior Wellness Center
Excelsior-Integrated Care Center, a subsidiary of Excelsior, is currently accepting applications for positions within our team of Part-Time Behavior Support Specialist. This position serves youth and their families through a variety of programs that Excelsior offers.
WHO WE ARE:
Excelsior is a private non-profit integrated healthcare and education organization. For over 30 years we have provided specialty education, healthcare and innovative co-occurring behavioral health services to children, adolescents, young adults and their families. Education, behavioral health, primary care, and recreation services are integrated to provide holistic and comprehensive services to those we serve
The Behavior Support Specialist is directly responsible for ensuring that client supervision, behavior support and safety are being met while on shift. This position will have knowledge of client’s individual service plans and ensure that these plans are adhered to. This position will ensure that any medical, environmental or safety concerns that are identifies while on shift are addressed or communicated effectively and immediately to the appropriate person for follow through.
This is a great way to gain valuable experience and training working with youth. Excelsior employs a diverse clinical team with over 100 years of combined clinical experience. Senior clinical staff provide a weekly training and team direction. The clinical staff hold masters level licenses and certifications in Mental Health, Substance Use, and Psychiatric Care. Specialists include: Child and Adolescent, Ethnic Minority and Psycho-therapeutic Recreation, among others.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Minimum 1 year experience working/volunteering with youth
- Must have valid state ID/Drivers License
- High School Diploma and/or GED
- Preference is given to those applicants with specialized experience, training or education in the Human Services field
- Fosters a positive environment, including a cooperative, unified team-based approach among staff and clients.
- Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity to the dignity of each client served, to the clients' unique service needs, including clients' beliefs and values, ethnic norms, language needs and racial identity.
- Is aware of and adheres to client’s service plans: utilizing appropriate and therapeutic intervention techniques; seeks clarification as needed.
- Ensures the physical environment is properly maintained and in accordance with regulatory requirements; submits maintenance requests as needed to ensure compliance.
- Assists in ensuring all day-to-day program functions; psycho-educational and treatment groups, outings, recreation activities, transportation needs are being provided and met.
- Adheres to established regulatory, licensing and contractual requirements while in the performance of duties; seeks clarification as needed for clarity and compliance.
Everyone here believes they are part of a team, that utilizes the strengths of each individual, and values collaboration, creativity and unity. A true employee-centered environment responds in a relevant way to each person's needs, versus the traditional employer practice of offering mandated accommodations only. When you and your family are at your best, you are best positioned to help other members of our community, and that’s why we say, “your family first.”
We encourage the expression of ideas and the willingness to collaborate on solutions. We take care of you and who you define as family because who we serve, deserves to experience providers that are focused on them. We seek to actively transform health care services to be easily accessible and readily available; at the lowest and most predictable cost; and most importantly relationally based. This approach supports better outcomes for those in search of safer, stronger, and healthier lives. We empower children, youth, adults and families to live and stay well.
Available shifts day (weekend), swing and overnight 7 days a week.
Training opportunities for all staff include:
Fundamentals of Treatment
Right Response Safety Intervention Techniques
Self-Harm/Suicide Assessment, Intervention and Referral
Sexual Aggressive Youth (SAY)Physically Aggressive Youth (PAY)
Attachment and Childhood Development
Introduction to Counseling
Countertransference and Co-occurring Disorders and Treatment
Multisystemic Concepts & Family Approaches
HIV/AIDS Bloodborne Pathogens
HIPAA & Information Security
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To learn more about us visit www.excelsiorwellness.org
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.04 - $15.00 per hour
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Program
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Overnight (Preferred)
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Overnight shift
- Only full-time employees eligible