SalaryUSD8 - USD10
job summary:Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Scum Master for a contract role in Seattle, WA. If you are ready to join a leader in the Retail and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you! location: Seattle, Washingtonjob type: Contractsalary: $8 - 10 per hourwork hours: 8am to 4pmeducation: Bachelors responsibilities:Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Agile Mindset: Solid understanding of Scrum theory, rules, practices, values, and principles. Solid understanding of or experience working within the SAFe framework. They "are" Agile, they don't just "do" Agile. Demonstrates a growth/abundance mindset.
- Participative Leadership: Focuses on the needs of team members and those they serve (the customer) with the goal of achieving results in line with the organization's values, principles, and business objectives.
- Facilitation: Ability to effectively facilitate meetings and discussions, including when they go off topic or become emotional, in a way that garners the respect of team members. Is adept at remaining neutral; while asking probing questions to obtain clarity, does not advocate a particular position in team discussions. Understands and applies advanced facilitation techniques to engage teams to solve problems.
- Resource and financial (budget) management: Ability to develop a resource plan and manage a product budget.
- Active Listening: Practices active listening skills and intuitively knows when it is more appropriate to listen than to speak.
- Communication: Effective storytellerable to communicate ideas and concepts using stories that help people connect emotionally or empathetically to the need. Makes space for the silent voices to be heard and encourages diversity of opinion.
- Teaching: Teaches the team about self-organization, how to work through issues themselves, and offers tools, training, and insights regarding best practices. Teaches the Product Owner about product backlog management, how to order it based on priority, value, risk, and dependencies, and how to involve the team in this process.
- Coaching: Creates and offers learning opportunities instead of forcing their ideas, advice, and views onto others. Determines how best to coach without providing specific answers. Focuses on growing the team members to think at a higher level, be able to answer questions themselves, and to provide sound advice to others.
- System Thinking: Coaches teams to incorporate system-level quality checks (e.g., security, scalability, performance, etc.) before declaring work "done". Understands how to identify wasteful processes and proactively applies lean principles to improve processes to eliminate waste. RCA needs to be performed after a problem or incident has occurred.
- Developing Metrics: Adept at producing team artifacts, such as Burnup/Burndown Charts, Cycle time, Lead Time, Impediment Boards, etc., and radiating them to the organization. Uses structured processes, e.g., team assessments, to help the team continuously improve their processes, quality, and craftsmanship.
- Change Management: Leverages metrics to determine if team experiments were successful; inspects and adapts accordingly. Understands that change is a catalyst to drive the product and teams forward. Team outcomes reflect this understanding.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Senior Scrum Master