SalaryUSD120,000 - USD160,000
job summary:What We Are Creating The GNS & Transcon Products development teams are creating dynamic, user friendly systems that enable our internal users to do their jobs efficiently and effectively. Who We Need on Our Team We are looking for a UX Designer to start a new project with strategic significance and high exposure. This role requires excellent UX skills and the ability to hit the ground running. As a foundational member of the GNS & Transcon Products development growing teams, you will be responsible for creating best-in-class products that will scale globally.
- You are a multi-talented User Experience professional. You can conduct user research to identify needs. You can design cross-functional, integrated workflows that simplify the complex world of logistics. You employ a variety of methods to validate designs, early and often.
- You understand the critical role that design plays in enabling our internal users to be successful in their job activities. You are eager to understand the user's context and needs, and you want to help solve problems that our users face managing their customer's supply chains in today's unprecedented market conditions.
- You work with minimal guidance conducting research and design experiences that are in keeping with the overall product vision.
- You involve your entire team, including Product Management, Developers and QA to ideate and verify potential solutions.
- You can create interactive mock-ups. You use these mock-ups to validate designs with end users and to communicate design requirements to the development team.
- You are willing/able to occasionally work early morning or late evening, to engage with colleagues and users across different time zones.
- Fluent in user-centered design / Design Thinking and Lean UX processes
- Demonstrated experience performing activities across the UX spectrum (e.g., stakeholder/user interviews, heuristic evaluations, competitive analysis, user profile/persona creation, journey mapping, information architecture, concept ideation, wireframing, interaction design, prototyping, user testing, and visual design)
- Working knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, and other web technologies
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure design is successfully implemented
- Highly motivated, engaging and able to work effectively within a team environment, always delivering results on time
- 4+ years of relevant, on-the-job experience in a Product Design, UX Design, Service Design, or Design Research role delivering complex design systems for web and native applications
- Experience designing for B2B and/or enterprise software solutions
- Understanding of the transportation/logistics industry and/or customs brokerage
- Experience/knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Simplify the complex. A tremendous amount of data is created and used throughout the supply chain. Design experiences that bring focus to the right information/activity, at the right time, in a way that resonates with our users. They need to get their jobs done, and our goal is to help them do so quickly and with confidence.
- Base designs on evidence, not conjecture. Conduct research to understand the users and their needs, assess the competitive landscape, and stay abreast of best practices in digital solutions. Use quantitative and qualitative results to inform new designs and to improve existing experiences. Make designs defensible.
- Bring transparency to the design process. In this role you will collaborate with Product Management, Business partners, and multiple Agile development teams. Organization, transparency, and effective communication are essential to creating and maintaining shared understanding as we work together towards our shared goals.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
UX/Visual Designer II