DESCRIPTIONJob summaryHow often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative AI technology at Amazon scale? We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future and define the next generation of how customers watch videos. We are disrupting a 100-years old industry through cloud services (AWS), 2D/3D computer vision, scalable visual effects (VFX), and machine learning. Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award-winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO and Showtime, and live events like Thursday Night Football and Major League Baseball. We are a premier provider of digital entertainment worldwide and we continue to grow very quickly! We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to deliver on our ambitious goals. We are building a new team to develop scalable visual effects tools and services to drive exceptional customer experience integrated with prime video catalog and playback services. We are driving visual effects automation using machine learning, 2D/3D computer vision, audio processing, and natural language understanding. Automation at scale is our mission and passion. As a software engineer, you own building software products and features from design to production. You're a hands-on engineer who loves a challenge of a complex problem and can recognize problems solved before and use existing solutions. You're a team player who can collaborate with multiple job families; Applied Scientists to build the video understanding systems and services, and Product/Program managers to iterate on business requirements. You like to experiment, prototype, and build systems iteratively. This is a "Think big" role and you won't be fighting operational fires every day. This is a greenfield with no "off-the-shelf services" that can perform the job. You'll work with experienced managers who'll care for you. We'll guide you on your career growth path and there's no shortage of technical challenges.Inclusive Team CultureWe are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. Our team members come from 7 different countries. We celebrate this rich mix of cultures and actively seek diverse backgrounds to join us.Work/Life BalanceOur team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Hands-on experience with machine learning, deep learning or related field
- Successfully shipped multiple products through full cycle from requirements to release and maintenance
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (availability, and performance) of new and current systems
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with large volumes of data at scale
- Knowledge of front end web development is a plus