SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Title: Development Engineer II Contract Length: 04/01/2021 - 12/31/2021 (8 months) Location: Seattle, WA (Remote) Position Summary The Marketing Data Engineer contributes in technical solutions on behalf of the Marketing Data Engineering team. This team is responsible for building and operating the cloud-based Marketing data platform that enables self-service Marketing analytics. The Marketing Data Engineer role will help solve challenging data integration problems by participating in development, and operations work related to building the marketing data platform. The role will collaborate with other data engineers and internal customers to scope and define implementation plans that meet business requirements. Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Build robust scalable data processing and data integration pipelines using Python and SQL.
- Develop data quality automations and unit tests to ensure the accuracy of the data delivered to the Analysts and Business Customers.
- Build solutions that scale as our data volumes grow exponentially.
- Leverage operational standards for monitoring and alerting provided by the Enterprise Data Platform team.
- Develop data models that support analytical models used by the company.
- Work with other data engineers and marketers to identify and scope of the requests and define implementation plans.
- Participate in agile development ceremonies, working to deliver within a sprint.
- Regular, predictable job attendance.
- Demonstrated experience writing Python
- Demonstrated experience writing optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Snowflake is highly preferred
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes are nice to have
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines are nice to have
- Demonstrated technical background in ETL development and data warehousing concepts is preferred
- AWS Certifications on either a Developer or Architect is preferred but not required
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years professional experience in Software Engineering role