Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a Mid-Level Software Engineer for their Satellite Division located in Kent, WAThis exciting software engineer position will work on existing and emerging programs. A successful candidate is passionate about space and excited to work in a multi-disciplined, collaborative engineering environment to design, develop and implement control and communications software for a new fleet of Boeing satellites. Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full life-cycle development including requirements analysis, software architecture, design, coding, unit test, integration and formal qualification.
- Candidate should possess excellent communications skills to participate in design and code reviews, have a thorough understanding of version control and software quality attributes, such as testability, portability and maintainability, and enjoy a self-driven and collaborative development approach.
- Communication payload resource control, data management and network interfaces.
- Guidance and navigation control algorithms.
- Web-based tools and services supporting satellite development and operations.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree.
- 5+ years of software development experience in C using object oriented design methods.
- 1+ years of experience designing and developing software for a real time or non-real-time system
- Proficiency in design and implementation of multi-threaded real-time applications; use of TCP/IP protocols and user/kernel level OS abstractions.
- Experience with avionics control algorithms, search algorithms and math libraries, telemetry and command handling.
- Hands-on experience with hardware interfaces, embedded processor architectures, I/O device drivers and board support packages.
- Proficiency in UML modeling, test-driven development, Agile process and DevOps tools.
Mid-Level Cloud Security Engineer
Experienced Software Systems Engineer