Salary$30 - 40 per hour
job summary:FX Technical Artist needed for contract opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA. Our client is seeking an FX Technical Artist to join their team. Be a part of a tightly knit team responsible for delivering high-performance effects for future games. Inspire gamers from around the world! The primary responsibility of this position is to work with the FX artists to optimize FX to work within performance specifications. In general, FX Artists will make content that is visually complete but needs to have technical settings applied to ensure performance across several platforms. The FX Tech Artist will apply and verify the settings needed to meet performance goals. The ideal candidate is a creative person who enjoys technical challenges. Someone who wants to deliver an amazing experience, a team player with strong communication skills that can work with all disciplines and leads. A self-driven individual who is passionate about FX workflow and development.
- Shipped or contributed to at least one video game, film or TV series.
- strong knowledge of real-time particle simulations and photorealistic FX development.
- Experience writing shaders.
- Understanding of lighting, compositing and rendering techniques.
- Professional experience using at least one scripting language like Python, Lua, Hscript, Vex, Mel, etc.
- Experience with a programming language like C, C, C#, etc.
- Experience using game engines such as Unreal, Unity, etc.
- Experience using Autodesk Maya or equivalent tool such as Max, Modo, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or similar.
- Optimize FX content to work within platform specifications.
- Investigate and correct FX performance problems.
- Troubleshoot problems encountered by the FX artists.
- Contribute to the evolution of FX workflow tools and pipelines.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Senior Cinematic Layout Artist ?