SalaryUSD $56 - 66 per hour 56 - 66 per hour
SourceRandstad Corporate Services
job summary:Senior Product Content Designer needed for contract role with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA. Passionate about simplifying technology? Same. You're a seriously seasoned, Product Content Designer who loves creating deceptively simple software-the kinds of experiences that feel efficient, effortless, and rewarding because you've sweated every detail and distilled every concept down to its purest, simplest form. You know the power of great information hierarchy, clear terminology, and navigation-and can speak to how carefully crafted UX flows can transform the customer journey from confusing to intuitively easy. Informing and evolving that journey with insights from research and data is second nature to you. Yes, you know and love the cloud While you love simple, your skillset is anything but. You're a Content Design expert-you've likely led product design efforts, managed or mentored Content Designers and UX or UI design teams, and built apps from scratch as part of an interdisciplinary team in cloud, business, enterprise, or developer spaces. With a diverse skillset and loads of experience, you trust your methodology without a lot of second guessing or hand holding. You collaborate with all your partners (up/down/across) and are adept at influencing using loads of optimism, a hunger for feedback, a retractable ego, and an open mind. Dropdown or radio buttons? UI text or tooltip? Your communications chops are interaction specific. If you're thinking about words, you're also envisioning the interface element that will make the best choice seem most obvious. You understand the concept of drilling down, reducing friction, and offering bits of guidance right when-and only when-it's needed. You know the value of using and contributing to AI experience guidelines, UI toolkits, patterns, and style guides to keep product teams aligned so all experience content stays consistent, cohesive, and intentional. Wordsmith? Oh please-You're a bedrock product and content strategist Sure, you know that clear communication starts with language-and you can articulate anything, no matter how complex. But we're not about just adding language to a visual design-?we're on a mission, and you're leading it! Your questions and critical thinking help to clarify goals so the entire design team can build an end-to-end experience as well as individual features and task flows that balance power and ease of use. All about you This sounds a lot like your LinkedIn profile
- You have 10+ years of hands-on experience in experience design backed up by skills that extend to brand strategy, content strategy, marketing copywriting, digital/social/SEO, and the like-whether in-house, agency, or consulting.
- Your excellence in product content design and strategy gets your apps noticed and appreciated. Your level of mastery shows in your playbook of uniquely honed tools, approaches, and solutions that will raise the bar for the Content Design discipline.
- Well beyond copywriting or surface-level UX writing, you're a product and Content Design expert with proven software experience-not just websites, integrated digital marketing, or documentation and learning roles.
- You're fluent in design and prototyping tools-Figma, Sketch, or similar-and interaction flows are a regular output of your solutions.
- You're a mentor and a leader who believes sharing knowledge where appropriate strengthens all design roles, not just the ones within your discipline.
- You embrace research and data-it's second nature to collaborate with User Researchers and present customer-based, data-informed rationale for your ideas.
- You're innately curious. About design, about the customer landscape-you fuel your imagination with things big and small, so you can apply what you know to solve new problems.
- Communication skills that extend to your relationships. You know building relationships both within and beyond your team is key for driving impact-oriented collaboration-and ultimately making a difference for customers.
- A growth mindset-there's always more to learn. Confidence and humility can coexist. You're quick to own mistakes (we all make them) and willing to reconsider and explore ideas.
- Contributing to a coherent vision and experience strategy for multiple products or a family of products.
- Aligning business, brand, naming, messaging, and design strategies using your expertise across the broad domain of customer communications inside or outside.
- You'll plan, craft, and refine messaging and content, UX flows, and in-product language-testing, validating, and adapting for the next iteration. Some wins will be fast, and others may feel like they take forever to land.
- People will seek you out for answers on our brand voice, content style standards, terminology, common UI copy patterns, feature naming, and more.
- You'll innovate-finding opportunities to elevate people's perceptions through new products, features, or executions.
- You'll focus on short-term product solutions with an eye toward longer-term portfolio-level strategies to maximize business impact. Meaning you can envision how the everyday work of interpreting, implementing, and iterating aligned to our design system and style standards makes it possible to integrate capabilities from various products companywide.
- Working to invent the future of product and Content Design, whether that's in tooling or automation opportunities for the discipline or strategic approaches to emerging spaces like machine learning and AI.
- You actually like the business side of things. You can drive resource and budget management for your studio's Content Design team: scoping projects, making the case for FTE and vendor headcount, prioritizing opportunities for impact and allocating available capacity, facilitating team members' relationships with engineering partners. And as we grow, you're up for managing direct reports across a design studio or business unit, and have the network to attract, coach, and grow top talent.
- Your growth and success will be passionately supported. You'll know that your manager and your team deeply value your contributions, celebrate wins, put people first, and full partnership and ongoing collaboration are the norm.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Content Development
- Content Management
- Content Development
- Content Management
- Content Development
- UX Writer (6 years of experience is required)
- In-App/In-Product UX Writing (3 years of experience is required)
- Writing for UI Content (2 years of experience is required)