SalaryUSD $130000.00 - $140000.00 per annum 130000.00 - 140000.00 per annum
SourceVolt Services Group
VOLT is seeking candidates for Principal Data Operations Engineer role for a Full time position. This candidate can be located in Southern California, Oregon or Washington state. You will be starting remote but at some point will need to work from office in one of the above locations.The Principal Data Operations Engineer uses industry standards and best practices to ensure that data integration solutions are operational and working efficiently with a focus on automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery.MUST Haves:
- Expertise in Azure Data bricks, Snowflake Data Platform
- Expertise with Python, PowerShell, C#, ANSSI standard SQL languages
- Experience with Azure / AWS Cloud Platform
- AWS and/or Azure Certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Ability to lead team of technical engineers including delegating work assignments, creating goals as well as providing technical leadership through issues and challenges.
- Manage data in cloud storage, and data technologies such as, Spark, Databricks and Snowflake environments, using scripts and automation.
- Automate the deployment and operation of data pipelines.
- Administer and manage data in relational databases and distributed computing systems using automation.
- Communicate and/or address build, deployment and operational issues as they come up
- Work on workflow optimization and execution improvements.
- Automate the monitoring of data processes and outputs.
- Solve day-to-day customer and production challenges.
- Interact with, and support, a variety of different teams (engineering, quality, management, etc).
- Collaborate with Engineering and Platform teams to improve automation of workflows, code testing and deployment.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Platform teams on the latest technologies for data management.
- Monitor all data update processes and outputs to ensure predictive quality.
- Communicate with customers to discuss any issues with received data and help them identify and fix data issues.
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality and velocity of deployments.
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for production environments.
- 5 years' experience working with Azure Cloud Platform.
- 2 years' experience with ADLS (gen2), Databricks.
- 5 years' experience with Azure Data Factory and other cloud data ingestion and transformation tools.
- 8 years' experience with Python, PowerShell, C# and ANSI standard SQL languages.